First public test release for version 2.4 (2.3.99.2) (General)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 07:56 (2619 days ago)

Hello

You can download a first public testing release for the version 2.4 on Github. I made several fresh installations and also a few updates from version 2.3.5 and 2.3.6.1. Please test the new version and report errors, unexpected behaviours and inconsistency. Reports may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Changelog can be seen on the above linked release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

Notes for updaters

If you want to test an update of an existing installation, please make a backup of the database and the installation itself before --or better-- make a parallel test installation of your existing version and upgrade the test- instead your live-forum.

Attention: The update is only possible when the existing installation is a version 2.3.5 or higher!

Attention: Use the update file update/update_2.3.5-2.4.php

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Tags:
release, 2.4, beta

Next public test release for version 2.4 (2.3.99.3)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 05, 2017, 13:42 (2608 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

You can download a second public testing release for the version 2.4 on Github. We solved a few bugs and added a form field for removing the gender of an user. Furthermore I added a few HTML-elements to the metadata-block of the entries (who, when, homepage, email, etc., normally shown below the subject of the entry) to make it possible to disable the display not of only one or a few of these metadata but also the commata between them.

Please test the new version and report errors, unexpected behaviours and inconsistency. Reports may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Changelog can be seen on the above linked release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

And, as before:

Notes for updaters

If you want to test an update of an existing installation, please make a backup of the database and the installation itself before --or better-- make a parallel test installation of your existing version and upgrade the test- instead your live-forum.

Attention: The update is only possible when the existing installation is a version 2.3.5 or higher!

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4, beta

Release of version 2.4.0

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, February 16, 2017, 09:16 (2597 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We proudly announce the release of version 2.4 of My Little Forum. The changelog can be read on the release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

Summary:

- bookmarks for the registered users
- helper functions for the forum team
- rework of the new/read status marking
- a few preparations to make more lighter themes possible (more elements, that can be handled by CSS and JavaScript)
- many bugfixes

Reports about bugs and inconsistencies may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Notes for updaters

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.1

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:02 (2593 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs, that was reported over the last four days and improved a new error message for a new file (config/VERSION). It contains the current version number. This file is mandatory during the installation or update of the forum script since testing version 2.3.99.1.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.2

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, March 12, 2017, 13:11 (2573 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 16:47

Hello

We fixed a few bugs and added a sorting algorithm for the list of updated files and directories in the update script.

You can download the new release 2.4.2 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.3

by Auge ⌂, Monday, July 10, 2017, 14:28 (2453 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Monday, July 10, 2017, 14:47

Hello

We worked on the performance of the database requests and made a big step forward mainly with the help of danielb987 (thank you). Additionally we fixed a few bugs, reported by RaHa, danielb987, Magma and Baris. I hope, I didn't forgot one of you important helping hands. Thank you all.

You can download the new release 2.4.3 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Please be aware of two changes in the settings. The settings max_read_items and read_state_expiration_date are gone! Instead we introduced the settings of read_state_expiration_method and read_state_expiration_value.

With read_state_expiration_method you set the method to remove outdated entries of user X read entry Y.

- 0: a read status of an entry, read by a user will remain for the life time of the forum (we have actually no experience with the infuence to performance or data size! please test the function)
- 1: number of entries per user (was setting max_read_items before, default value was increased from 200 to 500!)
- 2: number of days until an entry outdates
- 3: remove entries in the moment, when a thread will be automatically locked

[edit]
With read_state_expiration_value you set the value for read_state_expiration_method values 1 and 2. When the status should be removed with the automatic locking of threads, the value of the days until locking (setting auto_lock_old_threads) will be used instead.
[/edit]

Please report any problems with the new version here.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.4

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 16:49 (2368 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs (two of them ([1], [2]) was reported by magma, thank you) and improved the error message for the case the file config/VERSION wasn't updated to the new version before running the update script.

You can download the new release 2.4.4 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.5

by Auge ⌂, Monday, October 09, 2017, 21:09 (2362 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

I fixed a major and obvious bug I introduced in version 2.4.4. Don't ask me why I didn't saw it before releasing 2.4.4. Additionally a never used code fragment was removed from the file entry_inc.tpl of the default template and a small privacy enhancement.

The forum sends, dependent from the browser engine, no referrer to external sites for most actual browsers or, from older browsers, only the domain of the forum but not the complete URL with complete path and parameters.

You can download the new release 2.4.5 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.6

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, November 05, 2017, 15:54 (2335 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs, reported by Tommy Nilsson, candleman respectively solved with a pull request by the Github user Romchik. The whole directory includes needs to be actualised because of fixes in several files and a reformatting of all scripts in the directory.

The process of reformatting itself did not add functional changes to the scripts. I tested the changed scripts but it might be, that I missed places, where I introduced a new bug (because of reformatting). Please report any unusual behaviour here in the forum or open an issue on Github (if you are a user there).

You can download the new release 2.4.6 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.7 (2018-01-05), subsequent entry

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 05, 2018, 09:07 (2243 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

To have a complete documentation of releases, I repost (and expand) the entry for version 2.4.7 from the meanwhile obsolete interim forum.

Please read this announcement carefully, especially the last point about changes in the language files. With this release the system requirements changes. The minimal PHP version is from now on PHP 5.4.

We fixed a few issues, which occured in newer environments and therefore never catched someones eyes before. Additionally we introduced tags for bookmarks, added honeypot fields in the posting form as an additional protection against spam and a redirect to the last visited page after the login. Furthermore the handling of a few URL-parameters was changed so they behave not as toggling switches (on or off with every use) but as a switch with fixed states. So you can set links to a specified view of a thread/posting and/or the main view. Please read the release notes section "Changes" for further details.

The update script contains an error in the list of changed files. The pathes to the CSS-files are noted as themes/style.css and themes/style.min.css what is wrong. The correct path is themes/default/style.css and themes/default/style.min.css. Please take this into account when updating.

Important note about the changes in all language files.

To ensure the correct behaviour of the language strings we decided to enclose almost all strings in the language files with single quotes. The only exception are the templates for multiline email texts which are for their part enclosed in three double quotes.

Single line string (old):

key_of_string = foo bar

Single line string (new):

key_of_string = 'foo bar'

Multi line string (does not change):

key_of_string = """foo

bar"""

The enclosing can have a side effect, if the char "single quote" is in use inside the string, i.e. as apostrophe.

Example of a string with a single quote as apostrophe:

'This isn't foo's bar.'

These occurences of a single quote inside the string have to be masked with a backslash. 'This isn't foo's bar.' => 'This isn\'t foo\'s bar.'. On places, where I oversaw the single quote in the string when undertaking the changes (meanwhile I found myself three occurences in the german language file), all single quotes will be shown in the output.

The example will be displayed as "'This isn't foo's bar.'" (without double quotes). This is a bug. Please report such issues here or as a Github issue. Additionally you can solve it for yourself by adding the masking char \ in front of the single quote in the language file. The output will change to the corrrect "This isn't foo's bar." after reloading the page.

You can download the new release 2.4.7 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.8

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 18, 2018, 20:50 (2230 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed several bugs that came up in installations, hosted on newest PHP-and MySQL-versions. Furthermore a few bugs came up during the moving of the entries from the interim project forum to the original project forum (this one).

Tommy Nielsson (tommy@jernbanen.dk) provided us the sources of a new language (danish) and several enhancements and changes for the swedish language file. We did not adopt all of his changes (@Tommy: take care of your own swedish language file) but took a big step forward to completeness. We also put further CSRF-token to the userdata forms for security reasons.

You can download the new release 2.4.8 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.9

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 13, 2018, 15:51 (2176 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs, namely …

- … the März-bug that affects only forums in german language and not all of them (server configuration issue) and …
- … a few issues with the handling of avatars.

New micro features are …

- … that the mouse cursor get displayed as pointer (in most operating systems it's shown as a hand (like over links)) when hovering over labels for form elements and …
- … that the HTML-elements for images in forum entries with an uploaded images as it's source will contain from now on the images dimensions (width and height in pixels). This prevents the jumping of the page content during the load process because of unknown image dimensions for these images. This works only for uploaded images in the default upload directory (images/uploaded). The dimensions of images from other sources stays unknown to the forum script and can therefore not get included into the HTML-source code. These images will still cause jumping of the content.

You can download the new release 2.4.9 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

[edit]: Reformatted the entry, was IMHO a unreadable text blob.

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.10 (GRPR related stuff)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 20:42 (2115 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

WARNING: Because of an error in the update script this version can only be an update target for existing installations from version 2.3.99.1 upwards! I'll solve that within the next hours.

… after a waiting time …

We fixed a small number of bugs, actualised the plugins Bad Behavior, GesHi and Smarty and introduced the possibility to enforce the acceptance to a data privacy statement in the same manner as the acceptance to the terms of use. In context with this new feature I reworked the logic behind the acceptance of the terms of use too.

You have to provide a data privacy statement yourself and have to add the URL of the statement in the main settings form. Additionally you have to activate the enforcement with the suiting switch.

How it works:

If a visitor wants to post an entry, the visitor has to state to agree with the data privacy statement or the terms of use. Otherwise the visitor will not be able to save the entry.

If a visitor wants to open an accout in the forum, the visitor has to state to agree with the data privacy statement or the terms of use. Otherwise the visitor will not be able to open the account. When the account is registered and the user posts entries, the user has not to agree to the data privacy statement or the terms of use again. But there is one exception from this rule.

If a forum operator changes the data privacy statement or the terms of use a new agreement should take place. Therfore we added two new columns to the user data table to store the timestamp of the agreements with the user data. A forum operator can enforce a new agreement to the new rules by deleting the timestamps from the users datasets.

Currently this is only possible with a database query in a tool like phpMyAdmin because we do not have a user interface for it.

UPDATE mlf2_userdata SET dps_accepted = NULL WHERE user_id > 1 -- delete timestamps from agreements to the data privacy statement
UPDATE mlf2_userdata SET tou_accepted = NULL WHERE user_id > 1 -- delete timestamps from agreements to the terms of use

When a registered user has to re-agree to one or both of the statements the user gets the data privacy statement or the terms of use displayed in an iframe after logging in and has to push the I-agree-button. Until this is done the user will not be able to post an entry. Trying this leads to a redirect back to the agreement form.

Attention: I tested all parts of the new feature chain separate and in several combinations. I tested a fresh installation of the new version and also an update from the versions 2.4.6 and 2.4.8. All attempts succeeded. Nevertheless it is absolutely possible, that I missed errors because of the lack of tests from a second party with a different view (Milo is currently absent). Please report problems quick as possible and with a proper description of what you have done and what happened.

You can download the new release 2.4.10 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Release of version 2.4.11

by Auge ⌂, Monday, June 25, 2018, 17:21 (2103 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

WARNING: Because of an error in the update script this version can only be an update target for existing installations from version 2.3.99.1 upwards! I'll solve that within the next hours.

We fixed a few bugs, reported by Taurec ([1], [2]). The second one broke the displaying of the terms of use agreement as part of the form, where a user has to agree to the terms of use. Instead of displaying the terms of use in an iframe, the user sees a blank page or the data privacy statement, when one was provided to the settings of the forum.

You can download the new release 2.4.11 from Github (the link from the admin area could actually be broken).

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.12

by Auge ⌂, Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:44 (2099 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed only one bug, found by WorldofBB. An update is only necessary in the case of a failed update from a version between 2.3.5 and 2.3.7 to version 2.4.10 or 2.4.11.

If you are not affected and you are on 2.4.11 you do not need to update your forum.

You can download the new release 2.4.12 from Github.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.13

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, August 12, 2018, 17:40 (2055 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

The second heat wave of this year is gone so my head is (hopefully) working again …

We fixed several bugs related to the handling of the acceptance fields for the data privacy statement (thanks for the report goes to Irene König), the sender address for e-mails emmitted by the forums e-mail-form (thanks for the report goes to Tommy Nilsson), problems with the registration when using the Firefox browser (thanks for the solution with reordering the fields goes to Milo) as well as missing and superfluous fields in the backup function (thanks for the report goes to Martin66). Additionally there was a minor issue with the icon for the Ajax-preview, that was not displayed, if the entry was locked (thanks for the report goes to Ecker).

You can download the new release 2.4.13 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.14, introduced a bug, details inside

by Auge ⌂, Monday, November 26, 2018, 22:39 (1948 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

Attention: I introduced a bug that causes edits being impossible. A fix is in the testing stage and will follow within a short time.

We fixed a few bugs and fixed a security issue, updated the danish and norwegian language file with the help of Tommy Nillson and the Github user flatnick and introduced a few features, we hope you will enjoy.

- A forum operator can add smileys in the SVG format. Upload the files to the forum and bind them in the admin area to the character combinations like :-) and so on.
- Subscriptions to an own entry are now handled in a separate table. This is a preparation to make it possible to subscribe to a thread created by another user.
- An e-mail notice about a reply, caused by a subscription, contains from now on a link to unsubscribe the reply-notice-feature.
- During the registration a user has to provide the password only once and not twice as before. One can make the password visible for veryfication by activating the checkbox beside the password field instead.

This is possible during registration [edit]and when logging in[/edit].

You can download the new release 2.4.14 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.15

by Auge ⌂, Friday, November 30, 2018, 11:35 (1945 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed two bugs, I myself introduced with 2.4.14.

With 2.4.14 a user was unable to edit a posting because I forgot to check a few database queries asking for the removed column email_notification. Same problem was present for the backup function. When the problem was solved I became aware of an additonal problem. When editing a posting, one (author, moderator or administrator) was unable to change the setting for the subscription of the author in the posting/edit form.

You can download the new release 2.4.15 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.16

by Auge ⌂, Friday, December 07, 2018, 19:41 (1938 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed two bugs, one of them a possible show stopper, I myself introduced with 2.4.15, which was – as we know now – the incomplete fix of 2.4.14.

With 2.4.15 a user was unable to edit a posting in the case of a table name prefix different from mlf2_. Operators, who installed their forum with the default table name prefix, will take no notice of the problem. Rövarn did, thank you for your report.

You can download the new release 2.4.16 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.17

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, January 06, 2019, 19:07 (1908 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

One year and one day and ten additional subversions.

We fixed a small number of bugs and added a few small features that will be mainly interesting for forum operators/admins.

- A user is able to close her/his own account from now on. Until version 2.4.16 this was a solely task for a forum administrator.
- The possibility to enforce an anew acceptance of the data privacy statement and/or the terms of use for the case of changes in the statements. This was possible before only with a database query to remove the existing database entries of the date of acceptance in the user data. The function got now UI elements in the user management page in the admin panel.
- Setting for the minimal and maximal possible time between requesting a form and sending the filled form back to the forum-server. The main purpose of the function is to block spam robots that sends the fields within milliseconds after requesting the form. The settings are named min_posting_time and max_posting_time for creating a posting, min_register_time and max_register_time for a user registration and min_email_time and max_email_time for writing an e-mail. Currently the minimal values are all set to 5 (seconds) and the maximum values to 10800 seconds (180 minutes/3 hours). We are interested in experiences of and opinions about good values for the three cases.
- The administrator of a forum is able to enforce new rules for the quality of passwords. This function complements the setting for the minimal number of chars in a password. The minimal number of lowercase letters, capital letters, ciphers and "special" chars can be set by the admin separately. A value of 0 disables the particular check. The settings are disabled by default. While the function should work with latin based input, our checks with other char systems was limited to checks with examples from our language files for chinese and tamil. We hope for field reports from forum operators from these and other countries with non-latin-based char systems.

You can download the new release 2.4.17 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.18

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, January 13, 2019, 19:15 (1901 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed several bugs, that was discussed and got hunted during the last week. Additionally we added a few small featurettes. Two of the three will be only interesting for forum operators/admins.

- An error in the table definition for the subscriptions caused a few bugs for postings of unregistered users with a subscription for the reply notification.
- When deleting a posting, a possibly present subscription got orphaned because it was not removed from the database.
- One was not able to send an e-mail over the contact form because the check for minimal and maximal time from requesting the form to sending the filled form was broken.
- The check of password strength failed under certain conditions
- A more cosmetic problem was the elongation of thumbnail images in a posting.

- When updating the database tables during a forum update, the forum gets disabled.
- The language strings for the key show_spam_link got an update in the german and english language. The new text is IMHO more descriptive.
- If one inserts a link or a URL to an external image the JavaScript prompt shows now the protocol https instead http as prefix.

You can download the new release 2.4.18 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Please report any problems with the new version here. I imploringly hope, that there are not such massive detractions like in the last release. I'm sorry for that.

Tschö, Auge

--

Release of version 2.4.18.1

by Auge ⌂, Monday, January 14, 2019, 10:03 (1900 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

I fixed a bug, I introduced in the installation script with version 2.4.18. It was inserted in the corrected structure of the subscriptions table and caused the installation script to fail to change the table name prefix when the forum admin selected an own one during installation process.

Only forum operators, who wanted to install a completely new forum, was affected by the bug. If you was the one or one of them please uninstall the forum, check your database for a possibly orphaned table (mlf2_subscriptions) and install the forum again with the new release 2.4.18.1.

Other operators, who upgraded their existing installations are not affected by the bug. They are not enforced to upgrade because the only one change took place in the file install.sql.

I'm sorry for the repeated inconvinience. My thanks for finding the bug goes to Punit Varia who e-mailed me about it.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4, bugfix

Release of version 2.4.19

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 21:21 (1880 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We solved two bugs and made a behind-the-curtain-change in preparation for the upcoming changes of version 2.5.

- Magma reported a further issue with displaying images. This time a problem with the aspect ratio in the Ajax-preview was solved.
- Taurec reported an issue belonging the save mechanism of subscriptions in case of editing a forum entry (discussion in German language).
- Additionally we moved a few entries from the settings to the table mlf2_temp_infos because these entries are no settings at all. This is a preparation for the new user interface for the settings in version 2.5.

You can download the new release 2.4.19 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.19.1

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, February 07, 2019, 21:42 (1876 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We solved two bugs, related to the "behind-the-curtain-change" in preparation for version 2.5. Thanks goes to Juanma and Magma for their reports and cooperation.

You can download the new release 2.4.19.1 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4, bugfix

Release of version 2.4.20

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 19:03 (1779 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We solved three bugs. One was reported by Magma, one was found by Micha when he was solving Magma's bug, and a third was reported on Github by sagar2117. Thank you all.

You can download the new release 2.4.20 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.21

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, April 25, 2020, 20:35 (1433 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We solved two bugs. One is the failing validation of e-mail-addresses when the forum runs under PHP 7.3. This was discussed in a few threads, very elaborated in this thread, started by Shian. The cause and the final solution was provided by WorldofBB, thank you. A second bug was the broken images in entries, when requested with a RSS-reader. Cause was the provided local, relative path to the images in the feed. But beause the feed reader requests the feed from "outside" the domain of a forum, the URL should provide a complete set of protocol, domain name and path. For uploaded images, stored in the directory images we complement the path with the base URL of the forum (images/foo.png => https://example.com/forum/images/foo.png). Images, included from another website, are not affected because the URLs of these images are complete by design.

This release is expected to be the last release of the 2.4-branch.

You can download the new release 2.4.21 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.22

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 21:05 (1276 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

After a report by Shian about bugs in the script-internal function to restore a backup the whole function got reworked, even we plan to remove the backup function with the upcoming version 2.5. The errors, affecting the restoring of the entries table and bad handled potentially appearing NULL-values, got fixed. New backup functions for subscriptions and tags got added and the SQL-query-strings for INSERT-statements in the restore part, created by the backup function, got extended with field lists for every affected table. That makes it easier to check for non existing, forgotten or removed table columns.

Additional changes was the introduction of back-to-top-links in the page footer (currently strings in English and German language are available) and in the options menu of every entry, usually displayed below the entry, the case insensitive natural sorting of tags in the tag cloud in the front page of a forum and last but not least the fix for a doublette of a key name in the laguage files, that caused an error in an error message for an invalid e-mail-addresss that should be shown in the user management inside the admin area.

This release is – again – expected to be the last release of the 2.4-branch.

You can download the new release 2.4.22 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, following the link in the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.23

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 14:47 (1275 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

Because of two bugs, introduced with the yesterdays release 2.4.22, we release a next bugfix release, version 2.4.23. Sorry for that.

This release is – again – expected to be the last release of the 2.4-branch.

You can download the new release 2.4.23 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, following the link in the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.24

by Auge ⌂, Monday, October 12, 2020, 20:23 (1263 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

Because of two CSS-issues that we fixed we release a further version, the 2.4.24. Additionally we added classes to the thread tree in the single-entry-view to mark moderators and admins. This is to make the thread tree in this special view behave like the thread trees in the main views (thread and table views). Now it is possible to work with these classes in example in CSS or in JavaScript in an own theme.

This release is – once again – expected to be the last release of the 2.4-branch.

You can download the new release 2.4.24 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, following the link in the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

RSS Feed of thread