PHP errors, please help (General)

by Steve @, Friday, August 21, 2020, 11:53 (1315 days ago)

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name.com)/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 833

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name) .com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php:833) in /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name).com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 849

I used Softaculous to install this.

PHP errors, please help

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, August 22, 2020, 18:38 (1314 days ago) @ Steve

Hello Steve

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name.com)/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 833

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name) .com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php:833) in /home/findbrun/public_html/(my domain name).com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 849

We found the issue almost two years ago and solved it in the development branch for MLF 2.5. At that time we assumed to release the version 2.5 in 2019. But we didn't until now.

The relevant code changes can be found in the files includes/admin.inc.php, includes/functions.inc.php and includes/posting.inc.php. If you have the heart to change the code yourself, you can alter the files retracing the code changes in the respective pull request #410 (left side = old stand, right side = new stand). Be aware of the fact, that the only relevant change in the reformatted function my_quoted_printable_encode (beginning with line 2144) in the fileincludes/functions.inc.php is the change in line 2151 (while(list(, $line) = each($lines)) changes to foreach ($lines as $line) {).

I don't know, why we never backported this change to the branch for MLF 2.4 but it may be worth doing it as a last release for 2.4 (including checks for potentially other changes that until now got forgotten in the backport process).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

PHP errors, please help

by Matt, Saturday, August 22, 2020, 18:47 (1314 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks Auge for the reply. Is there a new version of MLF that is working (has the code changes already)?

PHP errors, please help

by Matt, Saturday, August 22, 2020, 21:12 (1314 days ago) @ Matt

I got it all sorted Auge! The new version of your script worked! Thanks much. You can show this thread as SOLVED.
:-)

PHP errors, please help

by Matt, Saturday, August 22, 2020, 21:23 (1314 days ago) @ Matt

Oops, spoke too soon. I am now getting the error below when trying to "save" forum settings...

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 833

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php:833) in /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 849

Guess I'm back to the beginning.

PHP errors, please help

by Auge ⌂, Monday, August 24, 2020, 08:01 (1312 days ago) @ Matt

Oops, spoke too soon. I am now getting the error below when trying to "save" forum settings...

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 833

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php:833) in /home/findbrun/public_html/my website.com/forum/includes/admin.inc.php on line 849

Guess I'm back to the beginning.

No you aren't. The line #833 of admin.inc.php is part of the several changes in pull request 410. You seem to only have forgotten to apply this single change to your code base.

To answer your question in your first reply to mine. No, there is currently no packaged version that includes these changes. I tend to release one within the next days. But to have this done instantaneously you should apply the changes yourself.

Tschö, Auge

--

Version 2.5?

by Taurec, Monday, August 31, 2020, 06:18 (1306 days ago) @ Auge

Hello!

We found the issue almost two years ago and solved it in the development branch for MLF 2.5. At that time we assumed to release the version 2.5 in 2019. But we didn't until now.

At this point I take the opportunity to ask, if you can give an estimation, when the version 2.5 will be released.
Because here hasn't been much going on lately and the milestones are hangig at >90 percent for several months now, I got the sneaking suspicion, the project may have gotten abandoned... (perhaps of unforeseen corona related circumstances?) :lookaround:

Greetings
Taurec

Version 2.5?

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, September 02, 2020, 14:49 (1303 days ago) @ Taurec

Hello

At this point I take the opportunity to ask, if you can give an estimation, when the version 2.5 will be released.
Because here hasn't been much going on lately and the milestones are hangig at >90 percent for several months now, I got the sneaking suspicion, the project may have gotten abandoned... (perhaps of unforeseen corona related circumstances?) :lookaround:

You are right with the hanging project status. I for myself hangs on the report feature for over a year now. There are several reasons. Main reasons are a lack of motivation and time (several big projects in the company and therefore (even with motivation) not much time at the evening for working on the forum).

So I can not give any estimation for the release of version 2.5 at the moment. As far as I know Micha runs the latest beta version 2.4.99.3 with the implemented new features and without problems.

At least I found the milestone 2.4.19 to be open and closed it. ;-)

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread