Thread ordering (General)

by Willi, Saturday, July 04, 2020, 10:30 (1364 days ago)

Hi,

I just updated to version 2.4.21 (from 2.4.19.1 [not quite sure about the ".1"]) and recognise that the Thread with the last entry is shown at first. Before the threads were shown in the order of creation. Until now no user comlained but if they would: is there a config-option to get back to the old behaviour? I didn't found one.

Thx and best regards,
Willi

Thread ordering

by Auge ⌂, Monday, July 06, 2020, 20:43 (1362 days ago) @ Willi

Hello

I just updated to version 2.4.21 (from 2.4.19.1 [not quite sure about the ".1"]) and recognise that the Thread with the last entry is shown at first. Before the threads were shown in the order of creation. Until now no user comlained but if they would: is there a config-option to get back to the old behaviour? I didn't found one.

No, there isn't one. But – as far as I know – there was also no change in the ordering mechanism. The thread with the latest reply is the first one in the overview page (after pinned threads (if one or more exists)).

PS: Same here. At the time I wrote this entry, another thread stood above yours because the latest entry in this other thread at the time of me writing was created 2020-07-04, 16:23 (CEST) while your opening entry in this thread was created earlier (2020-07-04, 12:30 (CEST)). With saving my (this) entry for the first time (2020-07-06, 22:43 (CEST)), your thread swapped to above the other thread.

[image]

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Thread ordering

by Willi, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 04:13 (1361 days ago) @ Auge

Hi, thx for the answer. I know this is the current behaviour. But I think in the previous version ist wasn‘t. The Threads stayed in order they were entered. I‘m Pretty sure

Thread ordering

by WorldofBB, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 14:12 (1361 days ago) @ Willi

What your describing is the 'Thread Order' setting, which is something you may have accidentally toggled without realizing it.

[image]

Toggling this setting not only changed the default in your user profile, it also sets a local cookie with the setting, so when toggled it will still appear that way whether you are logged in or not.

There is no easy way for the default view to have changed accidentally, so the problem is almost certainly just your local setting.

If you want to verify what the default view of your site actually is, just open your site in a private or incognito browser window. Whatever view you see, that's the default.

Assuming it's just your view, just click the order option again to toggle back to the default view.

Thread ordering

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 19:55 (1361 days ago) @ WorldofBB

Hello

Haha, thank you for your support.

What your describing is the 'Thread Order' setting, which is something you may have accidentally toggled without realizing it.

[image]

I searched for a matching forum setting in the admin panel of this forum and also in the wiki page for the settings and found nothing. On the other hand I knew, that there is a possibility to change the order but I didn't see the wood for the trees.

And here it is [1] in it's simplicity. :-)

Tschö, Auge

[1]: I hope, it really is.

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Thread ordering

by Willi, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 20:51 (1361 days ago) @ WorldofBB

Thanks, that makes totally sense. Epecially because nobody of the users complains nor even mentions anything.

Thx again and best regards

RSS Feed of thread