Request : Hide All users (General)

by Fibonacci, Monday, February 04, 2019, 12:23 (1880 days ago)

Hello,

Is it possible to make in ADMIN>ADVANCED a setting to hide all users from public as well as registered users.

For privacy concern i do not want registered users to see whole long list of users.

of course only admin can see all user list and details.

The goal is to make absolute privacy. Users can only communicate via forum. If they wish to contact each other privately they can ask admin to make request for private contact with the user on their behalf.

Most forum systems have built in messaging systems. I am not asking not suggesting MLF do this. Only asking to hide all user list from public+registered users.

Thanks
Fibo

Request : Hide All users

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 04, 2019, 12:30 (1880 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

Is it possible to make in ADMIN>ADVANCED a setting to hide all users from public as well as registered users.

For privacy concern i do not want registered users to see whole long list of users.

Are you talking about the list of users, that can be hidden from the not registered visitors but is at least visible for registered users?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Fibonacci, Monday, February 04, 2019, 12:33 (1880 days ago) @ Auge

Yes Auge, that is correct. This one
[removed the link, Auge]

Current advance setting allow to hide from public or from registered users.

I wish for another option to also hide from registers users. Only admin/mod can see the user list.

Thanks
Fibo

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 04, 2019, 13:05 (1880 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

Current advance setting allow to hide from public or from registered users.

I wish for another option to also hide from registers users.

Hide it from registered users or hide it from registered users?

Only admin/mod can see the user list.

The admins have an own users list. But for moderation we would furthermore need the current (normal) user list because the admins list is not accessible by the moderators.

We will discuss your idea. Generally the realisation of your idea should be possible.

Tschö, Auge

--

by Fibonacci, Monday, February 04, 2019, 23:26 (1879 days ago) @ Auge

The admins have an own users list. But for moderation we would furthermore need the current (normal) user list because the admins list is not accessible by the moderators.

Thank You Auge,

if it makes it easier i am not concerned for Mods to see user list. There is no need for it. Nice to have but no need.

The most important is that public/registered cannot see user list.

Registered users can still email other users from the forum/post but they cannot see a whole user list.

Cheers
Fibo

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, February 05, 2019, 08:51 (1879 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

if it makes it easier i am not concerned for Mods to see user list. There is no need for it. Nice to have but no need.

Well, different forums, different needs. Moderators need this list to be able to block or unblock users.

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread