Request : Latest Posting and Date/Time format (General)

by Fibonacci, Saturday, February 02, 2019, 01:52 (1904 days ago)

is it possible to put the date and time etc of the Latest Posting to the right side of the post instead of underneath the post.

Current view is like this

blah blah blah
56 minutes ago

tada tada tada
21st January

Instead can you make it like this

blah blah blah | 56 minutes ago

tada tada tada | 21st January

etc.

I hope you understand.

This will save much space and not wasting a line also it looks nicer in my opinion

Thank You

Request : Latest Posting and Date/Time format

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 13:59 (1902 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

is it possible to put the date and time etc of the Latest Posting to the right side of the post instead of underneath the post.

Current view is like this

blah blah blah
56 minutes ago

tada tada tada
21st January

Instead can you make it like this

blah blah blah | 56 minutes ago

tada tada tada | 21st January

This will save much space and not wasting a line also it looks nicer in my opinion

This is IMHO not a good idea. There is, independent from the theme and the viewport width, a finite width for the latest postings list. There can also be long strings for the subject that will break the line length in itself and would do that, when combined with the posting time, more often. Additionally (at least) I want to be able to distinguish the subject from the meta data of the entry. That would be more difficult with a oneliner.

On the other hand there is one thing, that is infinite in a browser window. It's its inner height. So it's no problem to scroll downwards because of a few additional pixels per entry which are caused by the posting time having an extra line. Not with a mouse wheel, not with a mouse button on the scrollbar or one of it's buttons, not with a finger on a touchscreen and not at all.

If one wants to set the time of posting beside the subject in the latest posting list, one can do this in an own theme by creating it from the scratch or from an existing one. I will not implement it for the whole audience.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Fibonacci, Monday, February 04, 2019, 01:56 (1902 days ago) @ Auge

Thank You Auge for reading and assessing my request.

As i am not a programmer and have very little knowledge to changing code of html or scripts etc it is not something i can do myself to make my own theme.

I will ask however, is it possible to group "latest postings" by date.

Example.

2nd Feb
post abc
post def
post ghi
etc

29 Jan
post suv
post xyz

27 Jan
post 123
post 456
etc

I appreciate what you guys do and have developed in MLF so far and look forward to any future developments and updates.

Cheers
Fibonacci

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 04, 2019, 07:23 (1902 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

I will ask however, is it possible to group "latest postings" by date.

Example.

2nd Feb
post abc
post def
post ghi
etc

29 Jan
post suv
post xyz

27 Jan
post 123
post 456
etc

Should be possible. IMHO this would be a feature for an external page but not the latest-postings-list in the sidebar.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread