Export feature? (General)

by jrmy, Friday, January 04, 2019, 17:18 (1932 days ago)

Does MLF have the option to export content?

Export feature?

by Auge ⌂, Friday, January 04, 2019, 17:42 (1931 days ago) @ jrmy

Hello

Does MLF have the option to export content?

In the admin panel one can currently create backups in form of database dumps.

But to be fair, we want to abandon this feature. On the one hand we forget every when and then to add the backup function for a new feature and on the other hand tools like phpMyAdmin are much better in exporting database content.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Export feature?

by jrmy, Friday, January 04, 2019, 17:45 (1931 days ago) @ Auge

It would seem to be a good feature for each user to be able to export his data.

Export feature?

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, January 05, 2019, 23:59 (1930 days ago) @ jrmy

Hello

It would seem to be a good feature for each user to be able to export his data.

Yes, that's correct. It's not only a good idea but it's also a requirement of the GDPR (article 20). So it's a requirement for us because many forums are based in the EU. Question is, which scale of the users data to offer. A user interacts with other users but she/he has the right to access only her/his own personal data. Accessing a machine readable collection of ones own account data is an obvious task. But is there more?

Are the entries of a user itself her/his personal data? How to identify entries of a not registered user/visitor? How meaningful are entries of a user deprived from their context of entries from different users/visitors? Should these entries be part of a dataset of a users personal data?

Tschö, Auge

--

Export feature?

by jrmy, Sunday, January 06, 2019, 00:04 (1930 days ago) @ Auge

I can see how on a forum that the content gets quite mixed.

is there some way to make the initial post the determiner? So that if someone replies to an original post it is understood that the poster is allowing his content to be collected in the original poster's data? Or does that cross some lines?

Export feature?

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, January 06, 2019, 11:42 (1930 days ago) @ jrmy

Hello

I can see how on a forum that the content gets quite mixed.

is there some way to make the initial post the determiner? So that if someone replies to an original post it is understood that the poster is allowing his content to be collected in the original poster's data? Or does that cross some lines?

A poster allows the use of her/his content within the forum implicit with sending the entrys content. I as a poster would not expect to allow the use of my own content as part of the content of another user (in contrast to the use inside the forum itself). IMHO this is not a good idea.

Beside from that the question remains, if a users posting is part of her/his personal data (in the meaning of the GDPR).

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread