Background (Design/Themes)

by Sla @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 12:11 (2022 days ago)

Hello
I need a transparent background under the entire forum. Including the top. So that you can insert your background image without scrolling. If anyone knows, tell me how to do it in detail. You can give the finished file. There are no messages on my forum. Only installed.

(sorry for my English, I'm writing through an interpreter)

Second, when registering, I need to ask my question and the answer to it, to make the forum only for the invited. So that it was not necessary to add them to the groups manually on the forum.
It would be nice to at least make access to writing messages in certain sections only for people who have been tested once by a special password that is issued by the administrator. Not to create a separate forum for these purposes.

Background

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 17:10 (2021 days ago) @ Sla

Hello

I need a transparent background under the entire forum. Including the top. So that you can insert your background image without scrolling. If anyone knows, tell me how to do it in detail. You can give the finished file. There are no messages on my forum. Only installed.

There are several places, where background colours and images get defined. In general, all definitions are placed in the themes style.css and style.min.css. Per default, the style.min.css is in use.

You can search the definitions with the developer tools of your browser. Most browsers run it with the shortcut [F11]. In most cases it's a definition of background-image, background-color or background.

Please search for #subnav, #content and #footer and remove the definitions for background (looks in example like this: background: #ffffff;). Search for #top and remove background: #d2ddea url(images/bg_gradient_x.png) repeat-x 0 0;.

I don't know if it is a good idea to remove the background colours and images from the table view or the nested view of a thread.

Second, when registering, I need to ask my question and the answer to it, to make the forum only for the invited. So that it was not necessary to add them to the groups manually on the forum.

I don't know, what you want to reach. Can you please decribe it again in other words?

It would be nice to at least make access to writing messages in certain sections only for people who have been tested once by a special password that is issued by the administrator. Not to create a separate forum for these purposes.

Currently it is not possible to open categories to certain group of users but the feature is under consideration.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Background

by S, Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 13:54 (2018 days ago) @ Auge
edited by S, Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 14:00

About second question
For example, the registration page says "sum two numbers a + b". How can I hide a and b, so that the data was only on the hosting, and I myself could establish what is equal to a and b, or what is the correct answer?
Can the answer be a word?
Can there be several possible words, so that each one is correct?

And as an option this is antispam.
How can I ask my question instead of writen?

I really need this option. In my forum can be many users. I need give some of them access by email without pre-moderation.

Ideally, you need to make a separate option for entering your questions and answers. It is desirable that several variants of the answer can be entered for each question.

TIP for future forum updates:
Above the post in a motionless place (loading other post does not change position) in the tree-like forum it is necessary to put Next and Previous button. So that in a tree-like forum do not click on the links of topics. And sometimes one-touch read the next or previous one.
In mobile devices, it's hard to click on the links when they're near.
Click on the link should be mostly when choosing a specific answer. And answers to the answer are often flipped through. And very uncomfortable.

Background

by S, Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 15:02 (2018 days ago) @ S

After it(if you help me to put my own question instead of mathematical) , how can I turn off email verifications?

RSS Feed of thread