Plugin versions (Project organisation)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 21:04 (2186 days ago)

Hello

While working on the text about the data privacy statement I visited the sites of the plugins, we use. Most of them got actualised since we updated them in My Little Forum for the last time.

- Smarty: We are at 3.1.30, the Github page provides the version 3.1.32 which was released yesterday (2018-04-24). Should we update to this brandnew version? The change_log.txt lists a whole slew of changes and fixes after the 3.1.30 (actually above line #256). Or should we move to the not so brandnew 3.1.31 instead? [edit]DONE, updated Smarty to 3.1.32.[/edit]

- Bad Behaviour: We are at 2.2.19, the project page provides version 2.2.20. I've downloaded the new version and will include it in the repository within the next days. [edit]DONE, updated Bad Behavior to 2.2.20.[/edit]

- GesHi: we are at 1.0.8.11, the projects sourceforge-page provides the version 1.0.9 in the stable branch and as newest development-version 1.1.2alpha5. Should we update and if yes, to which version? [edit]DONE, updated GesHi to 1.0.9.[/edit]

- Akismet: well, the API documentation lists several mandatory and optional keys and if I compare the key names with the code in the posting.inc.php beginning with line #843 I assume, that we use outdated field names. The Akismet-class, Alex included eight years ago is 10 years old. The project page, named in the classes source code seems to be not accessible anymore (the actually pages content seems to be made with japanese characters). What to do?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Plugin versions

by Micha ⌂, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 11:23 (2186 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

I think, we should update all external resources to avoid security issues.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Plugin versions

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 14:23 (2186 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

I think, we should update all external resources to avoid security issues.

1. I updated GesHi in my development forum, the geshi.php and the language files in the subdirectory geshi. I activated the bbcode_code setting (was deactivated before) but can only select the options "inlinecode" and "code" with the Code-button in the posting form but no language specific bb-codes. What's wrong?

2. What to do with the outdated Akismet-class? I found no update for the class.

Tschö, Auge

--

Plugin versions

by Micha ⌂, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 15:06 (2186 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

What's wrong?

You have to upload the "language" files, too, e.g. jquery.php, java.php, dos.php etc.

Currently, I'm unable to check this issue because I'm on a business trip.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Plugin versions (with addendum)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 27, 2018, 06:45 (2185 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

What's wrong?

You have to upload the "language" files, too, e.g. jquery.php, java.php, dos.php etc.

Yes, I did. Additionally I reset the plugin to the old version and spotted, that also the old GesHi-version does not work in my forum. No language offers in the popup and also no highlightning neither with the new nor with the old version. Have to dig further, what's going wrong.

[addendum]2018-04-27
I loaded only the few languages, that are loaded in the project forum (here) and in the repository too. Suprisingly the highlightning works only a subdomain away from my development forum with the old and the new GesHi-versions inside the responsive_1-theme. I have to compare the settings of both installations in a first step.
[addendum]

Currently, I'm unable to check this issue because I'm on a business trip.

Viel Spaß! :-)

Tschö, Auge

--

GesHi-problem, I got it

by Auge ⌂, Monday, April 30, 2018, 11:40 (2182 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

What's wrong?

No language offers in the popup and also no highlightning neither with the new nor with the old version. Have to dig further, what's going wrong.

I did it and got it. Not only, that I have to activate bbcode_code, I also have to activate syntax_highlighter. With the second setting set to 1/on I get the language-menu and highlighted code. Sometimes it's important to read the whole content. *phew* :-)

One question at the end. The old GesHi-version provides a HTML-template that is only aware of HTML4 and XHTML1 named HTML. The new version provides the templates HTML4Strict, which is the equivalent to the old HTML-template, and an additional template for HTML5. IMHO it makes no sense to provide both templates an it also makes no sense to provide an explicit HTML5-template because HTML5 is HTML and it is backward compatible back to HTML1. So I tend to rename the HTML5-template to HTML, to add the main-element to it, and to provide only this one template for HTML.

Tschö, Auge

--

Plugin versions

by Micha ⌂, Thursday, May 10, 2018, 13:32 (2172 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge,

- Akismet: well, the API documentation lists several mandatory and optional keys and if I compare the key names with the code in the posting.inc.php beginning with line #843 I assume, that we use outdated field names.

No, I don't think so. The keys are located at akismet.class and are used to "transform" the keys from posting.inc.php to the corrected ones via setCommand function, cf. Akismet constructor.

Thus, I believe, we can still update the plugin because the keys seem to be unchanged.

The Akismet-class, Alex included eight years ago is 10 years old.

At akismet website, there are further developments, i.e. class.akismet.php.

/Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread