Changing password error message in 2.4.2 (Bugs)

by Magma, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 23:21 (2500 days ago)

When changing your password If your new password does not match your repeat new password the error message that comes up is

Error!

• Array

instead of telling you what the error is. Can you advise if this can be changed easily.

Changing password error message in 2.4.2

by Auge ⌂, Friday, May 26, 2017, 16:36 (2498 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

When changing your password If your new password does not match your repeat new password the error message that comes up is

Error!

• Array

instead of telling you what the error is.

I'll dig into it on the weekend …

Can you advise if this can be changed easily.

… and will tell you what to do.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, May 27, 2017, 15:30 (2497 days ago) @ Magma

Error!

• Array

instead of telling you what the error is. Can you advise if this can be changed easily.

The check for equality of the new password and it's reentry will be executed in user.inc.php, line #755. The key of the language string is named "error_pw_conf_wrong" and occurs two times in the language files. In the english.lang it's first occurence is in line #183, the second occurence in line #631.

A simple solution would be to rename one of the keys (i.e. the second one (line #631) to "error_pw_conf_uneven") but so we hold one string twice. I will check, if we can remove the second string without breaking something.

Tschö, Auge

--

by Magma, Sunday, May 28, 2017, 01:00 (2497 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks this fixed it.

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, May 28, 2017, 12:41 (2496 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

Thanks this fixed it.

I commited the renamed language key (I renamed the second occurence of the key 'error_pw_conf_wrong' to 'error_pw_conf_uneven') to the repository. Please be aware of an second place in the admin.inc.php, line #1050 (line number of the current code), where the string will be used.

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread