Slow forum access, @Milo (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 11:54 (2593 days ago) @ Otto Tuil

Hello

My forum has currently more than 200,000 entries. It sill runs nicely, but I noticed that the performance is slowly degrading. After contact with my web host he replied by saying that there are a lot of database queries.

Yes, there a several queries on every request for a page. Some of them are optimisable.

Is there is for instance a possibility to calculate the total number of entries only once a day, and keep a daily counter for the new entries after the last calculation?

It would be possible to count the entries once a day and set a second counter for the entries of the day so both values could be totalled. But that's not the way I would do it. For me it seeems to be more feasible to reset the one value for the number of entries every time a new entry occurs. So we'll have no counting at all, only a number in a table, that increases from time to time.

@Milo: Since we have the new table *_temp_infos I think, it would be a good idea to store such values (one valid value for a whole forum but not a static value) there, wouldn't it?

Or perhaps there are other ways to speed up the database?

I would expect several queries as optimisable.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread