Bug in My Little Forum (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:56 (2589 days ago) @ danielb987

Hello

Thank you for the report.

In the file index.php at lines 209 to 214 there is an IF-statement that checks if the web browser is Internet Explorer and if not, sends the header 'Cache-Control: public, max-age=300'.

The problem is that Internet Explorer no longer declare itself with the header HTTP_USER_AGENT as "MSIE" but instead as "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko".

Not only, that the IE does not declare itself as "MSIE", the "Microsoft Internet Explorer" was renamed to "Internet Explorer" ("IE") and was succeeded by "Edge".

This results in that Internet Explorer caches the web page and therefore doesn't update the web page as it should.

The solution on this problem is to change line 213 in index.php from:
header('Cache-Control: public, max-age=300');
to:
header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');

I'm not convinced. With the code the browsers should cache the pages (for 300 seconds (5 minutes)). The IE was excluded from this solution because of problems as stated in the comment in front of the line #213 (#211 f.).

I have another forum with the forum software phpBB3 and that forum sends the header 'Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"' so that seems the best way to handle the problem.

We will investigate and discuss this. Thank you.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread