admin interface, v0.0.7 (Design/Themes)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 27, 2017, 16:11 (2608 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

After a half year of silence in this thread, I can proclaim: I work on the theme again.

With the version 2.4 of MLF some small changes were introduced, which makes it easier to manipulate the pages content in some corner cases. The version 0.0.6 of the theme was the integrations of most of the theme related changes of MLF 2.4. With the version 0.0.7 of the theme a few forgotten improvements of MLF 2.4, the new elements in the admin menu and the bookmarks list was in focus of the changes.

[image]

I presented especially the improvement of the nested and linear views of a thread in another entry. Here is, what I'm working on now (including a few questions).

I struggle with the menus. There are two relevant menus.

The first is the one with the id #usermenu, where on can log in, log out, change the user settings and, if one is an admin, can reach the admin menu. The menu is located in the page header, as a list in one line. Then there is the #submenu with one or two separate menus (left and right). These two menus are also one liners in the default template but I made them vertical lists, as you can see in the screenshots of this entry.

Now I give a different structure a try. I put all two or three menus into one parent element. Now all menus are vertical lists, wich are separated by a bottom border as you can see in the first screenshot.

You see the menu, that takes most of the height of the screen of my phone. It should be easy to distinguish between the lists. There are two tasks.

• Hide the menu and show it with a slide-in or a special menu button which is not existing nowadays.
  • Get an idea about the layout on a wide viewport. Format the menus as horizontal lists one by one is not a problem. But how to display them one beside/below the other(s)?

Can anyone describe a possible solution?

[image]

A second question is the breadcrumb navigation (if present: left menu of #subnav). I left the left padding of 14px for the links from the default theme (the images itself are not included in the moment). The breadcrumb trail has no left padding. Maybe existing links in the breadcrumb trail have this padding. At that point I saw that the breadcrumb is handled inconsequent. Some pages have one, other pages not. In some pages I found a link to the main page, on others only to the parent page (i.e. in the admin menu).

Especially but not exclusively to @Milo: Is it reasonable to unify the behaviour on the different pages/sections?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread