3 proposal (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:15 (2610 days ago) @ Solis

Hello

1. change the file config/VERSION to config/version.
some FTP software change automatically the capital letter to to small letter, so the system will remind the missing of the config/VERSION, although there are config/version in the folder.

I understand the problem but I'm not very encouraged to follow your wish.

We can change the files name but on the other hand you (generally a forum operator) also can change the settings of his/her FTP client. I fear to end in endless exception handling for every single case of a misconfigured program on forum operators side. I.e. we altered our script nearly a year ago to avoid to trigger a bug in firefox. Should we do such things again and again, even it's not "our" bug?

2. if a post is very long, after I have read the post, when I want to come back to the forum index, I must go back to top of the page for click on the "Back to the forum index". So I suggest, you can add a button "Back to the forum index" next to the "Post reply", like this:
[image]

This seems to be much more reasonable. It might be subject of discussion, especially where/in wich cases the link should be displayed. All in all it's worth a thought.

3. In one page of your website, list the the websites, who use the program My Little Forum, like this:
[image]

Who should collect the necessary informations? Who should administrate the list? Sorry but no, it's not worth the effort.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread