We need a responsive template! (General)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:28 (2881 days ago) @ needhelp2

Hello

I am working on a template. A link to the repository will follow. BUT: I can't and won't make promises about the date of completion. The main purpose of my work is to pay my rent and food.

Link to the Github repository.

How about we crowd fund and compensate you for creating a mobile responsive template with certain design elements included?

I've nothing against to get an additional payment, but my main focus lies on my paid job. Thatswhy (again): I can't promise anything for the planning horizon. And thatswhy I find it a bit odd, to call for compensation from my side.

I am hoping for a modern slick design similar to the new platforms out there such as www.Flarum.org or www.Discourse.org or Nodebb.org, these ones have the latest technologies and the most modern look which I like very much. Is it possible accomplish these types of designs?

Not in the first steps. With a new theme I have control over the HTML and CSS sources. I can manipulate the Smarty sources at specific places, but not every part. Some features, that you can see here and there in other programs, are not possible in MLF without changes in the core (PHP sources). So these features are not in the focus of my attempt for a new template.

To clarify the amount of work:

- Use HTML5-elements instead the actual bunch of div-elements.
- linearise the content of the main template. Remove floats, multiple CSS-declarations with identical properties and values, etc. pp..
- Make a mobile aware stylesheet with the tidied code.
- Make a desktop stylesheet from the mobile aware stylesheet definitions.
- As last: define new colours and finally dimensions and corrections.

At least with the last point I will need help by the time. Until then I will post now and then about the progress.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread