Problem with admin login after restoring to new domain (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, January 21, 2012, 14:20 (4471 days ago) @ John D

Hello

I was obliged due to a ddos attack on my webhost to change server. So I backed up my site and re-installed it (including the MLF database).

The forum works but there is a problem : I can't log in to the site with my admin account. If I try to change the password, I receive the email at my old domain name email address (this I find completely normal), but when I copy the link onto \forum\ I get the login message 'invalid code'.

I'm presuming that's because the MLF code is still thinking that my site's domain name is the old one and so thinks the login code should be appended to the old domain address. However I can't access the old site, so I can't change the password there!

So is there any easy way to correct the information that the login page is basing itself on?

If you installed the forum on the new server, it is a new and empty forum. Otherwise, have you loaded the files without generating the database tables? In the last case you have to load the backup of the database tables i.e. via phpMyAdmin. Before you do this, be aware of the next paragraph.

Do you have the database backup files on your hard disk? If yes, in a first step correct the data in the settings table for domain name, paths and email adresses. In a next step empty the tables on the new server (if there are tables present) and (re)load the corrected backup files. Then you should have access to the forum.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread