Make postings more compact (General)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, August 25, 2011, 10:43 (4649 days ago) @ Alise

Hello

I want my forum to be more compact.

*There seem to be two empty lines below each posting before the post reply link. Is it possible to reduce this to just one line. I looked into the source and couldn't come up with a good alternative to the <p> and <div> blocks. Hence the two lines?

*I would like the <h2> headers to be somewhat smaller. I guess I need to make a change in a CSS file?

*The line between two posts can be eliminated. I also here find it difficult because of the <div> blocks.

*And at last some cellpadding (?) settings to decrease space above and below a post?

You can set the rules for all elements of an posting via CSS. You have to handle the margins (outside gaps) and paddings (inside gaps) and the font sizes. Every posting is inside a div of the class thread-posting wich contains a div header and a second div wrapper. Last one contains the div body wich contains the posting itself and the div posting-footer.

You can reset the margins for these elements to handle the size of the gaps. If you use Firefox as browser install the Addon Firebug (ohter browsers have similar tools). There you can reset the values for the CSS-rules instantly with a direct optical feedback of the page.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread