avatar missing in thread view - IE 6 (Bugs)

by Alfie1, Friday, August 01, 2008, 18:54 (5718 days ago) @ peaceman
edited by Alfie, Saturday, August 02, 2008, 00:39

[...] in particular in IE6 (yeah I know this browser sucks :-| )

Sure!
Which OS (NT, W2K, XP, Vista; which service packs)?

- the avatar pic doesn't get shown when you switch into thread view, maybe the browser is not capable of the float-css wrapping the picture is in?

Cann't confirm it. Working in IE (6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.080413-2111IC XP Pro SP3, all patches installed)... Blast.

Logged of from IE, opened Seamonkey 1.1.10, logged in, tried to upload a screenshot from IE (248x256px, 8bit PNG, 4.63KB), saw the thumbnail, clicked on in to insert it into the post, and:

oh shit, I'm logged in (I see my name in the top right hand corner, but get the same error as milfan):

Error!

• This name is already reserved by a registered user

Oh even worse. Changing my name to 'Alfie1', hoping to be able to post as an unregistered user, I get the error again - and my name in the form changed from 'Alfie1' to 'Alfie' (still logged in).

Now, I will logoff, let's see.
OK, it get's interesting, logged off, logged in again, copy&paste of my first reply - same error.
Next try: logoff, post as unregistered.
Aha, no upload-link to browse, why not. Let's see whether I can post.

Worked! Next try will be editing the post in order to get the uploaded screenshot in.

--
Edit: logged in as 'Alfie'
OK, I see the image, inserting doesn't work; give up...
--
Edit: Inserted the screenshot by brute force (looking for the file's name in the pop-up).

[image]
--
Edit: [img=right] looks funny (slips below Alex's reply, even in Seamonkey), maybe a CSS clear-left would do the job.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread