I like the feature rel="nofollow" 😊 (General)

by Auge βŒ‚, Tuesday, June 18, 2024, 06:45 (8 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

It only prevents the bonus of an additional value for the page rank.

... which is somehow important to be found and not to be on page 100.

That's correct and this is the reason why I mention it again and again.

if implemented and being switchable on and off, could be an option to make spammers' business a bit more difficult.

Isn't the goal of a spammer that a human click to a e.g. phishing link? I can't believe that a phishing site would attach great importance to page rank - as a human being does.

The aim of them is, to a not insignificant extent, to build up a page rank from being linked. You should know, what kind of spam postings the project forum receives. There are postings with stammering and others with lavish, laudatory descriptions of the offers on the linked pages, as far as I can judge with the rest of my knowledge of Russian. It may be that the clients are hoping to attract forum visitors to their sites, but appearing as high up as possible in the search results for the sake of a better page rank is probably far more important to them.

Furthermore, I cannot believe that Google & Co are not able to recognize such sites - regardless of how many links are posted worldwide.

If the search engine operators were able to reliably sort out spam from the search results, and those who want to spread dubious offers with spam knew this, there would be no benefit for spam.

If you really like to make spammers' business a bit more difficult, delete the postings as soon as possible - nothing else will save the visitors.

One measure does not exclude the other measure in principle.

Everything said by everyone :-)

Yes, of course. :-)

TschΓΆ, Auge

--
Trenne niemals MΓΌll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread