Quick Update (Development)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, April 15, 2024, 10:28 (14 days ago) @ Joe I

Hello

FYI, I ran into performance issues related to most of the queries that use the display_spam_query_(and or where) variables. I've ended up refactoring a fair bit of php and sql code relating to those SQL statements for performance, comprehension and simplicity purposes.

I'm currently working through extensive testing of my code changes now, and hope to close this out fairly soon. Fingers crossed.

I expect your comment in the Github-issue #709 about missing indexes is a direct consequence of your comments here. You named an obvious cause, the missing indexes for the table mlf2_akismet_rating in case of an upgrade. I found the issue myself and made a commit, that corrects the copy'n'paste error I made, for the pull request with the fixes of the upgrade script.

Did you find further problems? Oh, and can you say something about the seen running time of the upgrade script of roughly five minutes in a forum with around 600,000 entries? I would expect a similar running time of the upgrade script in your half-million-entries forum.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread