The forum script is supposed to be SEF... (General)

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Friday, August 24, 2007, 14:26 (6061 days ago) @ Don Narmen
edited by Alfie, Friday, August 24, 2007, 14:40

Dear Don!

I'm looking at "content" though, not the names of posters or the link at the bottom which Google always looks at. It's the content that is going to get us found!
Take this link for instance, at random:
http://www.scheihingfamily.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=58

I hope this is not your forum (it's spammed up to the roof).
Anyhow, it's a 1.x Version.

for the sentence: Hello, Aiden is here... i put a few pics up in the gallery

OK, this might be an effect of double content.
Google's sitesearch lists only 60 out of 400 posts (which isn't that bad, because the majority of post contain 'badwords', which I cannot post here anyhow). Search engines might also get the 'impression' the forum is just a link-farm; any administrator has the duty to remove the 'vermin' from the site (in your example forum there are many 'via...'-links from May 2007 online).

• Consider posting only for registered users.
  • Use the badword-list in the admin-section.
  • Update to either 1.7.3 and activate at least the Match-Captcha for the contact-form - and if you want to keep the forum open for everybody to post, also for posting.
  • Add rel="nofollow" to links generated by the forum's scripts (this doesn't help you, but at least doesn't improve the pagerank of spammers.
  • Or migrate to the 2.x Branch - although I would wait until it's finished...

content is not in Google, but of coarse the "my little forum" link is and always will be. Please, make URL's "friendly" so the the content SEF!

OK, first look at this thread in the forum of the 1.x-Branch.

Example (Google-search for a very specific term):
The first link points to my forum containg the term in a post's heading, and the second one points to a post containg the term only the content of a post.

So I don't think mlf is not SEF.

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread