Getting Logged Out After A Certain Amount Of Time? (General)

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, November 27, 2021, 11:01 (875 days ago) @ Ramu

Hello

When logged in, after a certain amount of time maybe 35 to 45 minutes of inactivity (not clicking any links) if I then click a link I'm logged out. It can be annoying when reading long threads and then I go to reply to someone.

Is it some security setting of the script or would it be some server setting? How do I change this time limit please?

This is the normal PHP-session lifetime limit. It's a server side setting (php.ini, user.ini, .htaccess, etcetera). If you have access to these settings (ask your hosting company, if and how), you can change it.

Otherwise there is only the possibility to circumvent the issue by reloading (at least) one forum page regularly. I installed the AddOn Tab Reloader in my Firefox browser to be able to reload individual tabs. That way I reload a forums main page in a 15 minutes rhythm while reading and writing single entries in separate browser tabs. I'm sure, there are similar AddOns for Chromium based desktop browsers (Chrome, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, etcetera) and also for Safari. On the other hand I don't know, how it looks on the mobile browser market.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread