@Micha: question about the link-target-feature (Development)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 21:00 (924 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

Can you (@Micha) give me a hint, in which script I can find the code that defines $_SESSION[[SESSION_ID]_usersettings]?

The array is defined during the login procedure, isn't it?

Of course it is. Thank you for pointing me to the correct place.

I implemented the reading of the new setting from the user data and the creation of the JS-array user_settings in js_defaults.inc.php (see the two commits 28e57c1729 and 340f13cff6). During the comparision with your code in the pull request #546 and the discussion in the causative thread, especially in the branch, starting with this posting, I realised, that we planned a user settings with three possible values [1] and not with two, how I implemented it in its current state and that we planned to provide a general setting for a target name to make it possible to break out of a frame or iframe the forum is running in, when opening a link of an entry (which must override a possibly set user setting). The latter is a task for a new pull request.

The creation of the JS-array user_settings already incorporates the three states as you implemented them in pull request #546 ("NON", "EXTERNAL", "ALL"). Following the discussion in the thread, linked above, I have to implement the strings, HTML-code and storing code for the third status of the user setting and – in a new pull request – the general forum setting for a named target value to break out of a frame or iframe.

Tschö, Auge

[1]: in your implementation from #546: "NON": open all links of an entry in the same tab/window (default), "EXTERNAL": open external links of an entry in a new tab/window, "ALL": open all links of an entry in a new tab/window

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread