User to User emails not being sent 2.4.19 (General)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, May 05, 2019, 10:52 (1790 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

Got it fixed. It was the host dropping it as spam again.

Once again …

Have you any plans to integrate an inbox into the software where you can send and view all messages between users when logged in? instead of the message going to the user's email address.

I thought about it a few times before. We got this wish from time to time years ago and it was mostly me who refused the wish. It was because this is My Little Forum and an inbox would add a further step of complexity to the code base. Additionally it would add an additional stage of responsibility for user data to the forum operator. This is something I want to prevent, where it's possible.

But with the upcoming reports of hosting providers who judge a few e-mails per day or hour, sended by the forum script over the normal way, as spam, I think I have to rethink my refusal. It seems to be more appropriate to make the forum operator responsible for those nonpublic messages (she/he is able to read at least with a tool like phpMyAdmin) than to deal with overcautious hosting providers who breaks single functions of the forum script.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread