Request : Can "LATEST POSTING" have it's own page (General)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 12:59 (1908 days ago) @ Fibonacci

Hello

is it possible to make "latest postings" have a link or option to be made it's own page.

This way one can choose to have it appear in the menu at the top "Latest" Postings" and users can click on this to see all latest postings.

I think this looks better for user interface than trying to cram it at the bottom of topics or cram to right side menu like the MLF themes 0.1.9.

This is a nice idea. Alfie, one of our moderators implemented a script for a similar idea for My Little Forum 1.8. He built a new script with the necesarry PHP code, database queries and HTML sources to show the latest X postings in his forum on the front page of his website (it's an own page when seeing it from the view of the forum).

It would be possible to build a similar script for MLF2. On the other hand the sidebar holds additional informations like the tag list (when enabled) and the moderator and administrator functions (visible by only this group of people). We can not disable the sidebar at all so the question is, how big the change of UI would be.

And yes, the sidebar at the bottom of the main view below the tabled list of threads is IMHO useless. If I scroll to this bottombar, I've seen all necessary things until then that I can see also there.

We will see.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread