Version 2.4.17, posting not removable (General)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 08:46 (1928 days ago) @ Raving Richard

Hello

Please report any problems with the new version here.

Dear MLF guys, since I update to this version …

A first question, from which version did you come from?

… I get a load of spam accounts registered, not a problem before updating but now a lot.

I observe here in this forum in the last three or four weeks a wave of never activated registrations. It's an amount of approximately 40 to 60 registrations per day that are marked in red in the user administration of the admin panel and are automatically deleted after 24 hours, when the time to activate an account is over.

And now, as I wanted to show you, how the user administration looks with pages of non-activated accounts, there is only a single one.

[image]

If you can see such accounts, not activated, because of that marked in red, and not older than 24 hours, don't worry. They get deleted after 24 hours and they don't count anywhere into the number of accounts.

We had no rework of any spam-detection relevant code in a release since 2.4.10 when we updated a few libraries, including Bad Behavior.

More worryingly I also getting spam topics posted by guests that I cannot delete when logged in as Admin.

I tested this just now and was able to post as a visitor and to delete the postings as an administrator from the main view. With which of the delete-posting-functions you tried to delete these postings (With the cross-icon in the main view, the mark-posting icon in combination with the delete-marked-postings link in the sidebar or from within the posting?)

I am set up to get a notify email of all new posts, for these spam posts that I cannot delete I get no notify email.

That sounds interesting. I've no clue what's gong on at the moment, I will ask you a few questions later.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread