mathjax for tex support (General)

by Micha ⌂, Monday, May 14, 2018, 16:25 (2167 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

My intention was to make the new way possible without removing the old way [1]. That said, my thought was ...

1. ... to switch TeX-support on and off and ...
2. ... to decide, if TeX-formulas get rendered the old way, if an URL is provided, or ...
3. ... the formulas get rendered by MathJax without the URL in the new setting but with an additional <script>-element in the header of the main template. Otherwise a visitor sees the plain TeX-formula surrounded by the BB-code. That would look ugly but is not dangerous.

Thus, the admin can not configure the CDN in the setting area? One can enable the option "Yes I want TeX support" but nothing will happen, because the CDN must set manually in main template? What is the benefit of the enable/disable option?

Currently, the TEX-Code is transformed to an image. If MathJax is used, we need a tag like span or div (to restrict the scope of MathJax). How do we switch between both modes?

Dort gibt es mindestens auch schon die Cache-Versionen der Postings, die nicht neu erstellt werden, bloß, weil wir eine Funktion umbauen. Die Postings sind dann einfach mal kaputt, wenn der Cache nicht explizit gelöscht wird.

Dann wäre unsere Caching Funktion aber kaputt. Ich meine, die Cache-Version beinhaltet den vollständigen HTML-Code mit allen Tags ergo auch das generierte Bild (also die URL) von Goople-Chart für die Gleichungen. Wenn der Cache nicht gelöscht wird, werden bei diesen Postings einfach alle "Bilder" angezeigt wie bisher. Erst wenn er gelöscht wird, ist dies anders. Oder missinterpretiere ich unseren Cache?

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread