Sending mail from the forum, question to @Milo (General)

by danielb987, Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 17:12 (2520 days ago) @ Micha

Hello,

No, I don't think so. I remembered an old posting/thread about this issues and it took a lot of time to find this old thread: Copy of sent e-mail message. Thus, no copy of mail will be sent. This is the normal behaviour since 2008.

I see. And I understand why it is a bad idea that a user that is not logged in is able to choose the sender address.

But is it possible to send a copy to the sender if and only if the user is logged in? In that case the user should not choose the sender email address anyway.

I now see that it is possible to change the sender email address if the user is logged in, but I don't see any reason for that. It would be better if the form only showed the sender email address and not allowed it to be changed. If the email address is wrong, it is much better that the user changes it before, and since the user is logged in in this case, it is simple for the user to do that.

So my suggestion is as follows:

If the user is NOT logged in, no copy is sent to the user. And a text informs the user about that and tells the user to log in if he wants a copy.

If the user is logged in, send a copy to the senders email address. But don't allow the user to change the sender email address in the contact form.

Best regards,
Daniel

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread