Serious bug in Chrome for Android (General)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 13:16 (2524 days ago) @ danielb987

Hello

I have got reports that my forum stops working sometimes on Android. It seems to have started a couple of weeks ago. Now the error has shown again so I have had the opportunity to look into it and it is most certain a bug in Chrome for Android.

The first page has the error on my Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone, but the second page has not. The difference between these two pages is ONE ascii character on line 112 in the HTML source code.

On the end of line 112 in the first page is the text "Anslagsla, resor mm".
On the end of line 112 in the second page is the text "Anslagsa, resor mm".

Inspecting the HTML source code I read the name of the category as "Anslagstavla, resor mm" which is different from both "Anslagsla, resor mm" and "Anslagsa, resor mm". Is that of any meaning?

My own tests with your testing pages: In Firefox for Android both pages works. In the Chromium based Stock Browser of Android 6 both pages are broken.

I have tested a couple of alternatives and it has nothing to do with the HTML or the CSS.

Beside the broken rendering I want to ask if it has anything to say, that the name of the category is correct written in the category select and in the title of the category link behind the posters name but not in the link text itself?

// from the title of the category link in one of your testing pages
Anslagstavla, resor mm
// URL-encoded
%41%6E%73%6C%61%67%73%74%61%76%6C%61%2C%20%72%65%73%6F%72%20%6D%6D

// wrote the same text in Notepad++ with german keyboard
Anslagstavla, resor mm
// URL-encoded
%41%6E%73%6C%61%67%73%74%61%76%6C%61%2C%20%72%65%73%6F%72%20%6D%6D

There's absolutely no difference, no language-dependent char, no nothing. :-(

I will at least inspect the code of the section, where the thread lists are generated.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread