New bugfix release v2.3.7 (Beta) (General)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, October 04, 2016, 18:35 (2733 days ago)

Hello

We try from now on to follow the rule „release early, release often“. That said, I am proud to announce a new bugfix release, a beta of the version 2.3.7. We also added a small feature, that is only of interest for forum administrators.

A changelog for and the download of the new version is available in the Github-repository. Please test the new version, to help us search for potentially bugs. We hope strongly not to have introduced new ones. ;-)

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

New bugfix release v2.3.7 (Beta 2)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 14:56 (2732 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

After the last release from yesterday (v2.3.7beta) Milo found a freshly introduced bug. I introduced it and I fixed it meanwhile. Furthermore I fixed an annoying thingamabob.

Thatswhy we are able to release a new beta version named v2.3.7beta2. Please install and test it and please let us know, if you found bugs.

Tschö, Auge

--

New security and bugfix release v2.3.7 (final)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:35 (2727 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 12:59

Hello

We decided to release the final 2.3.7 after the beta versions was tested. The last changes:

- fixed a further spelling error (German language)
- fixed a warning about variable name, that was used as function parameter and afterwards was redeclared as new variable
- fixed the unintended closing of the ajax-preview by clicking the horizontal scrollbar of the preview
- introduced max-width for images in the ajax-preview
- added translation for two untranslated strings in the German language file

The release is ready for download from the repository.

Tschö, Auge

--

A notice about installations of 2.3.7 (not for updates!)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, January 05, 2017, 18:03 (2640 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 14:51

Hello

In new installations of the forum with the version 2.3.7 the software reports the inaccurate version string 2.3.6.1. That's a little mistake in the installation script, made by me. It has no influence to the function of the software but maybe to an update in the future to a version higher than 2.3.7.

Please change the version string to "2.3.7" in the advanced settings. You'll find the page in the admin area. Go to admin=>settings=>advanced settings (the link on the bottom of the settings form).

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread