Image Upload Not Working For Over 100KB Files (General)

by Magma, Monday, May 09, 2016, 10:17 (2902 days ago)

For some reason without changing any settings in the script when I try to upload a image file greater than 100KB it looks as though it's uploading then it goes to a "site unreachable page" if I then refresh my site it stays unreachable for around 5 minutes after which time I can get back to the site. Not sure if it maybe the script or the host? I have the script settings set for bigger file sizes than 100KB.

Image Upload Not Working For Over 100KB Files

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:23 (2900 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

For some reason without changing any settings in the script when I try to upload a image file greater than 100KB it looks as though it's uploading then it goes to a "site unreachable page" if I then refresh my site it stays unreachable for around 5 minutes after which time I can get back to the site. Not sure if it maybe the script or the host?

It smells like the host. If the script would limit the size to 100kB, I would expect, the script running a second time immediately. But you described a 5-minutes-waiting-time.

I have the script settings set for bigger file sizes than 100KB.

Please put a file, i.e. named as info.php, with only the following code …

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

… to your webspace. Open it in the browser http://example.org/info.php, save the page in the browser as HTML-file. Afterwards delete the file immediately from your webspace because of security reasons.

We need the infos about …

- PHP version
- max_execution_time
- memory_limit
- post_max_size
- upload_max_filesize

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Image Upload Not Working For Over 100KB Files

by Magma, Thursday, May 12, 2016, 14:46 (2899 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks Auge. I put a support ticket in with the host and still waiting for a reply but a few hours after I did that it seemed to resolve itself. So it seems the host was messing around.

RSS Feed of thread