Installation error... (General)

by Vinyasi @, Saturday, April 16, 2016, 11:43 (2924 days ago)

I get an error message in my browser saying that the connection was reset and the website may be busy when I try to install the forum. So, I tried to first create a database with a username and password: no luck. Then, I tried to insert this new username and password into the config-file: db_settings.php with a similar outcome, but with a slight improvement: there was no longer an error at forum index.php page saying that the default login-user has no permission...

MySQL error message: Access denied for user '[default_login]'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Instead, this additional error was dropped, so, I guess I'm making some progress?:-P

[image]

Then, I deleted these insertions: same response....

[image]

Yet, the site can't possibly be busy, 'cuz I can access both the forum's index page and the install index page just fine from my browser.

Permissions...

by Vinyasi @, Saturday, April 16, 2016, 11:49 (2924 days ago) @ Vinyasi

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also tried changing permissions for the folder: 'templates_c' to 770, 775, and 777 while its internal file: '.dummy' was set to 644 in each case. Also, I set the config file: db_settings.php to 666.

Data Base name in config/db_settings.php

by Vinyasi @, Saturday, April 16, 2016, 21:06 (2924 days ago) @ Vinyasi

So, I tried something different...

I tried putting the name of the database into the config/db_settings.php file along with the user and password information, then when I went to the front page at...

[localhost]/forum/

in my browser, I get this error message...

my little forum
Database error

Table '[MySQL name].mlf2_settings' doesn't exist

Which implies that I have not installed the scripts yet? I don't know.....

Installation error...

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 12:36 (2921 days ago) @ Vinyasi

Hello

The message tiltle states, that you installed the forum. A couple of questions.

- Have you access to a MySQL database on your server?
- Did you ran the install.php?
- Did you specify the required informations about the database connection in the install scripts form?
- The db_settings.php had the file permissions like described on the documentation page?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Installation error...

by lufy, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 01:31 (2915 days ago) @ Vinyasi

I think it's maybe your path error.Check the path: youserver/forum/install。

RSS Feed of thread