RSS feed shows deleted spam posts (General)

by briligg, Thursday, December 10, 2015, 18:11 (3052 days ago)

I noticed today that on Feedly my forum's RSS feed is full of spam postings i deleted days ago. The forum doesn't have much activity, so many of those spam posts are still the most recent.

I checked the MySQL database to be sure they are really gone. They are indeed. So, does that mean the RSS service still has them? How do i go about getting rid of them?

I am a complete novice with all this and learning a lot about it is not something i have any time for right now. But of course if i'll do the work to act on any replies to this. Thanks.

RSS feed shows deleted spam posts

by briligg, Friday, December 11, 2015, 02:10 (3052 days ago) @ briligg

I don't know if it is useful to see the forum this concerns, but if it is, the address is here:
http://moonwards.com/forum/

by Micha ⌂, Friday, December 11, 2015, 07:18 (3051 days ago) @ briligg

Hi,

how do you check this issue? If I take a look to your XML-File, it seems to be clean, isn't it?

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by briligg, Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:48 (3048 days ago) @ Micha

It does appear clean, but the deleted posts show up in the Feedly feed anyhow.

[image]

by Micha ⌂, Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:18 (3048 days ago) @ briligg

Hi,

but the XML is clean, so it is maybe a caching behaviour of your feed reader?! The XML is parsed every XY hours by the software and not in real-time.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

RSS Feed of thread