Report Thread Link? (Features)

by Magma, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 13:17 (3092 days ago)

Can anybody help and tell me how I could put a "Report Thread" link at the top of every thread? So a user can click on it and I get an email with a link to the thread in question?

I don't want it on every post but just the original starter post.

Thanks

Subscriptions

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 23:18 (3091 days ago) @ Magma

Hi Magma,

Auge implemented it in v1.8 β. Looks like this (the link exists only in the top-level post).

Example:

[image]
Once a thread is subscribed, the icon and link changes to: [image] Cancel thread subscription

There’s also a special section in the user’s profile:

[image]

which opens:

[image]

I clicked [image] Subscribe thread in the top-level post #8985 (first row) and opted for ‘E-mail notification on reply of this posting’ in post #7022 (se­cond row). To cancel a subscription I could select no ⦿. I can change the notifi­cation level of the second subscription from Posting ⦿ to Thread ⦿ in order to be not only notified about replies to my own post, but about all new replies within the entire thread. Note that for the first subscription it is not possible to decrease the level (the button is greyed out).

Be warned: I recommend this option to my users only as a last resort (i.e., if one cannot access the RSS-feed). May cause a lot of e-mail traffic in active forums and – in the worst case – result in being classified as a spammer.

I have no idea how complicated is might be to implement similar stuff in v2.x… Have to wait until Auge passes by. :cool:

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

For Spam Threads

by Magma, Monday, October 12, 2015, 02:25 (3091 days ago) @ Alfie

Sorry I did not explain it well. I want to put a text link "Report Thread" so a user can click it to report a spam thread.

Once a user has clicked the link I as the admin get an email with a link to the reported spam thread.

I'm using the latest build.

RSS Feed of thread