Responsive version (General)

by Frank, Thursday, October 08, 2015, 20:44 (3116 days ago)

Does anyone know whether a responsive and mobile friendly version of MLF is planned?

Responsive version

by Auge ⌂, Friday, October 09, 2015, 08:22 (3115 days ago) @ Frank

Hello

Does anyone know whether a responsive and mobile friendly version of MLF is planned?

As far as I know is nothing planned [1]. If you are able to handle with HTML and CSS you can create your own template wich is responsive. If you want to do so, bear in mind that many small parts of the HTML-sources are fixed in the PHP sourcecode.

Tschö, Auge

[1] Maybe someone else has further informations.

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Responsive version

by Pinball wizard, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 10:47 (3110 days ago) @ Auge

I want/need a mobile version too. Not good with a non-responsive version now that Google punish non-responsive sites.

Responsive version; I'll repeat myself

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 13:01 (3110 days ago) @ Pinball wizard

Hello

I'll repeat myself like stated in the subject:

If you are able to handle with HTML and CSS you can create your own template wich is responsive.

Noone stops you to create a responsive template. This "you" includes persons, who are not you but i.e. are known to you (if you are unable to do it yourself).

Tschö, Auge

--

Responsive version

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 13:49 (3110 days ago) @ Pinball wizard

Hi

[…] Not good with a non-responsive version now that Google punish non-responsive sites.

I agree with what Auge wrote. For Google content is much (much) more important than responsiveness. A first step towards a mobile-friendly design is:

<head>
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
</head>

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Responsive version

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, October 15, 2015, 10:36 (3109 days ago) @ Pinball wizard

Hello

I want/need a mobile version too.

Ok. What do we need codewise for a responsive site?

We need a new template with …

- … Doctype HTML5 instead XHTML1
- … html5shiv for older browsers and for unifying behaviour for not-in-every-browser-supported functions
- … HTML5 elements instead div and span at many places (not mandatory but strongly recommended)
- … media queries for different viewport widths …
- … and matching CSS rules

Who is lifting his hand into the air?

Tschö, Auge

--

Responsive version

by Gary787, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 16:13 (2894 days ago) @ Auge

I will look into this. I've been using MyLittleForum for years and users are asking about a mobile friendly alternative.

It might take a while though since I've a couple responsive sites for paying clients in the pipeline

Responsive version

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 10:16 (2893 days ago) @ Gary787

Hello

I will look into this.

Thank you.

It might take a while though since I've a couple responsive sites for paying clients in the pipeline

That's ok. Would you use a versioning system (like git or hg) and, if yes, a public repository service like github.com for the responsive template?

Tschö, Auge

--

Responsive version

by Gary787, Thursday, May 19, 2016, 14:17 (2892 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

I will look into this.

Thank you.

That's ok. Would you use a versioning system (like git or hg) and, if yes, a public repository service like github.com for the responsive template?

Either that or I would just give it you guys to handle.

RSS Feed of thread