Open topics in thread/linear by default (General)

by grognard, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 19:39 (3503 days ago)

Hi, is this possible in v2? I don't use table view alas and have removed the table view template etc. Can I manually hack this in? I don't care if it overrides or removes the exhisting defaults. :-D

What I would like ideally is: when you click on a topic from the main page, it goes straight to 'open in thread' view in 'linear' mode. This would mean that you can still see a threaded list of posts in a topic from the main index by clicking the + but when you click a topic link it will always load the 'full' thread view and be linear not hierarchical.

So every topic when opened will look like this and not this.

I would be very grateful indeed if someone could explain how to accomplish this. ;-)

Open topics in thread/linear by default

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 23:47 (3503 days ago) @ grognard

Hello

So every topic when opened will look like this and not this.

I would be very grateful indeed if someone could explain how to accomplish this. ;-)

If you look at the URLs of both links, you'll notice the difference.

1st "this": http://grognard.sytes.net/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=540#p540

2nd "this": http://grognard.sytes.net/forum/index.php?id=540

The task is (but not tonight), to ensure all links in a thread to have URLs like in the 1st "this".

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by grognard, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:34 (3502 days ago) @ Auge

Hiya Auge. :-)

Yes, I figured this much out myself hehe. I don't know where to make the edits though? I presume somewhere in the template files there is a simple line of code that says which view to load? Could it be as simple as just replacing one line with another and editing/removing the various view changing link(s) text?

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 09:20 (3501 days ago) @ grognard

Hello

Yes, I figured this much out myself hehe. I don't know where to make the edits though? I presume somewhere in the template files there is a simple line of code that says which view to load?

I have no access to the source code in the moment. The task would be to change the URLs in the list of threads to the one with the parameters mode=thread and id=xxx and the anchor #pxxx in every case. So a user would be forced in the commen usecase to open the postings in the nested view. He or she can still change the view by using the small view-change-links.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread