optional exclude favicon from theme (Design/Themes)

by Holger ⌂ @, Monday, May 12, 2014, 21:18 (3608 days ago)

Hi,

i just upgraded my forum from 1.7.4 to 2.3.3. Runs very smoothly, thanks a lot!

The forum favicon is located in the themes directory. I have a /favicon.ico in my root directory.
It would be very nice, if there would be an option (perhaps in advanced section only?) to be able to ignore/overwrite the favicon from the theme.

Right now i have overwritten the file themes/default/images/favicon.ico, but i am pretty sure i will forget this on the next upgrade. :-)
I do not want to copy the theme, because this would make even more work at an upgrade.

Holger

optional exclude favicon from theme

by Micha ⌂, Monday, May 12, 2014, 21:35 (3608 days ago) @ Holger

Hello,

It would be very nice, if there would be an option (perhaps in advanced section only?) to be able to ignore/overwrite the favicon from the theme.

You should copy your icon in the theme directory e.g. themes/default/images/

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Holger ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 06:27 (3607 days ago) @ Micha

You should copy your icon in the theme directory e.g. themes/default/images/

That was exactly what i was doing (and have written in the lines after the quote).

Holger

by Micha ⌂, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 06:40 (3607 days ago) @ Holger

Hi,

That was exactly what i was doing (and have written in the lines after the quote).

Ups, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, there is no way to save your settings (without copying the template).

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Holger, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 07:39 (3607 days ago) @ Micha

Ups, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, there is no way to save your settings (without copying the template).

I know, therefor this was an feature request...

Holger

by Micha ⌂, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 07:45 (3607 days ago) @ Holger

Hi,

It contradicts the template concept of mlf.

regards Micha

--

by Holger, Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 07:53 (3607 days ago) @ Micha

It contradicts the template concept of mlf.

I beg to differ.
It is the only thing i (and perhaps other people, too) want to customize and is the same class of information as

forum_address
forum_name
forum_description
home_linkaddress or
home_linkname

which is in the settings.

But let's Alex decide :-)

RSS Feed of thread