More Button For The Smilies Not Working (General)

by Magma @, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 10:00 (3675 days ago)

I just downloaded the latest version of the forum software and I'm not too technical so have not changed any code but I wanted to add more smilies. I have uploaded the relevant smilies to their folder on the server and added them in the admin part which then gives me the 'more' button when creating threads or posts but when you click the 'more' button nothing happens but every time you do click it a blue highlight shows in the message box.

This happens in Chrome and Firefox, I did do a search on this forum but could not see anything, can anybody help?

@Milo: More Button For The Smilies Not Working (confirmed)

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 15:31 (3675 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

I just downloaded the latest version of the forum software and I'm not too technical so have not changed any code but I wanted to add more smilies. I have uploaded the relevant smilies to their folder on the server and added them in the admin part which then gives me the 'more' button when creating threads or posts but when you click the 'more' button nothing happens but every time you do click it a blue highlight shows in the message box.

I can confirm your observation.

It seems to be a bug in the JavaScript function. Maybe Milo can take a look into the code.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 17:05 (3675 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

Here, in this forum?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 19:05 (3675 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

Here, in this forum?

Oh, interesting. No, not in this forum. But if I made the same test in my test installation [1], the error occurs in the described way. I loaded additional Smileys and configured the entries in the admin area. When I then opened the page for new postings and pushed the "more"-button, I got only a marked blank in the textarea.

[1] with activated JavaScript

Tschö, Auge

--

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 19:16 (3675 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

But if I made the same test in my test installation [1], the error occurs in the described way.

I cannot confirm. I upload a new impage to the smilies-directory and at this new image in the administration area. The new smilie is shown, if I click "more...". Sorry?!

Can you provide a link to your test-forum?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

More Button For The Smilies Not Working, further testing

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 13:45 (3674 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

But if I made the same test in my test installation [1], the error occurs in the described way.

I cannot confirm. I upload a new impage to the smilies-directory and at this new image in the administration area. The new smilie is shown, if I click "more...". Sorry?!

More informations from my tests.

- Fresh installation, version 2.3.2 (some database entries derived from an earlier installation (entries))
- JavaScript activated

For the first test I loaded one image as additional smiley. The error occured.
For the second test I loaded six additional smilies. The error occured not.
Then I uninstalled one smiley after the other. The error occured again, when only one smiley persisted.

If another of you folks can confirm that by own testing?

Tschö, Auge

--

by Magma @, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:12 (3674 days ago) @ Auge

That's right when you click more you get a marked blank in the text area. It does not happen in this forum but in a unmodified new install of 2.3.2

I thought it may be that you have to upload .png smilies instead of .gif but you still get the same error no matter what.

by Micha ⌂, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:46 (3674 days ago) @ Magma

Hi,

can you give me a URI to your forum to verify the error?

Milo

--

by Magma @, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 18:31 (3674 days ago) @ Micha

It seems I was too quick to jump the gun, the problem I was experiencing seems to be because I only uploaded 1x smilie and then tried the 'more' button. It seems you need to add more than one extra smilie and then the 'more' button works.

Can I just ask when you go to yoursite.com/images you see a page with links

Index of /images

Parent Directory
smilies
uploads

Is there anyway to stop non users from seeing all these links without breaking the site? At the moment I have the images folder set to 0755 and the folders within that set to 0755

by Micha ⌂, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 19:47 (3674 days ago) @ Magma

Hi,

It seems you need to add more than one extra smilie and then the 'more' button works.

Okay, I will check this issues.

Is there anyway to stop non users from seeing all these links without breaking the site?

Of course, look for "htaccess -Indexes" or simple add an empty index.html-File.

regards
Micha

--

More Button For The Smilies Not Working, Solution!

by Micha ⌂, Thursday, April 03, 2014, 20:08 (3670 days ago) @ Magma
edited by Auge, Friday, April 04, 2014, 08:58

Hi,

I found the error in posting.js. Look for the function createBBCodeButton and change the following line:

if (button.isSmilie && list && list.length > 1)

to

if (button.isSmilie && list && list.length > 0)

regards
Micha

--

More Button For The Smilies Now Working

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:00 (3669 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

if (button.isSmilie && list && list.length > 1)

to

if (button.isSmilie && list && list.length > 0)

Ohauerha! That's one to empurple. :-)

But otherwise :clap:, thank you for your work.

Tschö, Auge

PS: Damit schon in der Übersicht klar wird, was in deinem Beitrag zu finden ist, fand ich es angebracht, deinen Betreff zu erweitern. Ich hoffe, das ist in deinem Sinne.

--

More Button For The Smilies Now Working

by Micha ⌂, Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:17 (3669 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge,

thank you for your work.

No problem. Sorry for delay, I had some problems to install the forum in a local area using xampp.

PS: Damit schon in der Übersicht klar wird, was in deinem Beitrag zu finden ist, fand ich es angebracht, deinen Betreff zu erweitern. Ich hoffe, das ist in deinem Sinne.

Ja, das passt. So sieht Alex auch auf einem Blick, wo er ggf. etwas ins Repo übernehmen muss.

Schöne Grüße und erholsames Wochenende
Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread