Auto Logoff Preset Time (General)

by mkjjj, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:57 (3725 days ago)

Does anybody know where to change the preset time for the auto logoff? I can't find anything on the settings page.

Thanks!

Session lifetime

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Monday, February 03, 2014, 15:05 (3706 days ago) @ mkjjj

Hi,

I guess (!) that’s set in the php.ini (which is not accessible on a shared host).
Upload this script to the server and call it:

<?php
  echo '<pre>Session Lifetime:              '. ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime')."<br />\n";
  echo 'Garbage Collector probability: '. ini_get('session.gc_probability')."<br />\n";
  echo 'Garbage Collector divisor:     '. ini_get('session.gc_divisor')."</pre>\n";
?>

PHP’s default for the session’s lifetime seems to be 1440 seconds (24 minutes). If you want to change it, locate the line

session_start();

in index.php and add the line

ini_set("session.gc_maxlifetime", "X");

just before, where X is new lifetime in seconds. Untested (I don’t entertain mlf2.x)!
In my installation I have set it to one hour.

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Session lifetime

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 03, 2014, 15:21 (3706 days ago) @ Alfie

Hello

<?php
echo '<pre>Session Lifetime:              '. ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime')."<br />\n";
echo 'Garbage Collector probability: '. ini_get('session.gc_probability')."<br />\n";
echo 'Garbage Collector divisor:     '. ini_get('session.gc_divisor')."</pre>\n";
?>

Nitpicking: you don't need <br> inside of <pre>. ;-)

PHP’s default for the session’s lifetime seems to be 1440 seconds (24 minutes). If you want to change it, locate the line

session_start();

in index.php and add the line

ini_set("session.gc_maxlifetime", "X");

just before, where X is new lifetime in seconds. Untested (I don’t entertain mlf2.x)!

It should, independent from the script version, behave in the same manner.

Hui, that's a quite long time.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Session lifetime

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Monday, February 03, 2014, 15:37 (3706 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

Nitpicking: you don't need <br> inside of <pre>. ;-)

Arghl!

Hui, that's a quite long time.

Yeah; in my forum posts sometimes are rather lengthy and fucking complicated. If you don’t hit the preview regularly you might get logged out with the default…

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

RSS Feed of thread