Can't chang the color of 'visited' thread links (General)

by shawn, Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 19:14 (4525 days ago)

Hello,

I must say that I'm very impressed with the software. I would like to offer a sincere kudos to the developers. I am however having one small problem customizing the forum to fit my needs and am really hoping that someone can help.

CSS Example:

/* thread links: */
a.thread expanded,
a.thread expanded:link { padding-left:18px; color:navey; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -148px; }
a.thread expanded:visited { color:green; }
a.thread expanded:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.thread expanded:active { color:#ff0000; }
/* sticky threads: */
a.thread-sticky read,
a.thread-sticky read:link { padding-left:18px; color:navy; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -250px; }
a.thread-sticky read:visited { color:green; }
a.thread-sticky read:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.thread-sticky read:active { color:#ff0000; }
/* new threads: */
a.threadnew-sticky,
a.threadnew-sticky:link { padding-left:18px; color:navy; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -300px; }
a.threadnew-sticky:visited { color:green; }
a.threadnew-sticky:hover { color:green; text-decoration:underline; }
a.threadnew-sticky:active
{ color:#ff0000; }
/* new threads: */
a.threadnew,
a.threadnew:link { padding-left:18px; color:navy; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -198px; }
a.threadnew:visited { color:green; }
a.threadnew:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.threadnew:active { color:#ff0000; }
/* replies: */
a.reply,
a.reply:link { padding-left:16px; color:navy; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -348px; }
a.reply:visited { color:green; text-decoration:underline; }
a.reply:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.reply:active { color:#ff0000; }
a.replynew,
a.replynew:link { padding-left:16px; color:navy; text-decoration:none; font-weight:normal; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -398px; }
a.replynew:visited { color:green; }
a.replynew:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.replynew:active { color:#ff0000; }

Everything works here except for the visited links. It doesn't matter what I set the color values at (hex color or otherwise), the visited links on my forum remain the standard purple.

Any help with making my vlinks green would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Can't chang the color of 'visited' thread links

by Auge ⌂, Monday, December 05, 2011, 19:31 (4519 days ago) @ shawn

Hello

CSS Example:

/* thread links: */
a.thread expanded,
a.thread expanded:link { padding-left:18px; color:navey; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; background:url(images/bg_sprite_1.png) no-repeat 0 -148px; }
a.thread expanded:visited { color:green; }
a.thread expanded:hover { color:#0000ff; text-decoration:underline; }
a.thread expanded:active { color:#ff0000; }

Everything works here except for the visited links. It doesn't matter what I set the color values at (hex color or otherwise), the visited links on my forum remain the standard purple.

Your notation seems to be correct. IMHO it is a problem with some redirects in the script. If you request i.e. 6314 from the main page (it is Mathias's answer to your question) into another browser tab the CSS rule should work in the main page. If you reload the page with the refresh link all postings are unreaded for the browser. There seems to be anything broken in the script.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread