"Auto Lock Old Threads" is not working for me (General)

by Sunidaze, Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 03:09 (4708 days ago)

I change the value to "30: and click "Ok - save settings" but the value never changes. It stays on "0" all the time. I am using version 2.2.8.

Am I doing something wrong?

once again, with pictures... :)

by Sunidaze, Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 17:50 (4706 days ago) @ Sunidaze
edited by Sunidaze, Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 18:21

When I change auto lock to 30 and click "Ok - save settings" it never accepts the changes. The value stays 0 all the time. What can I do to change this value please?

First try:

[image]

Second try:

[image]

Final Result (never accepts change to 30)

[image]

once again, with a picture :)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 18:11 (4706 days ago) @ Sunidaze

Hello

When I change auto lock to 30 and click "Ok - save settings" it never accepts the changes. The value stays 0 all the time. What can I do to change this value please?

That seems to be a bug. You can work araound it, if you search for 'auto_lock_old_threads' in the settings table of the forum and set your value direct. Use a tool like phpMyAdmin or something similar.

*btw* Do you think, your posting gets more importance with bold and varicoloured text?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Sunidaze, Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 18:18 (4706 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Sunidaze, Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 18:47

Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it...

*btw* Do you think, your posting gets more importance with bold and varicoloured text?

Not at all.

The black text was blending in so well with the pictures I changed the color of the text so it would be separate from the graphics. "More importance" never even crossed my mind. lol

Please accept my apologies if I inadvertently offended your sensibilities. It was certainly never my intent to offend anyone, especially the person I am asking for help from.

There, I removed the offensive bold and varicolored text. *big smile*

I hope we can remain on friendly terms for goodness sakes as I'm sure I will need to ask more questions about your great software in the future.

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, June 02, 2011, 11:56 (4706 days ago) @ Sunidaze

Hello

Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it...

I hope we can remain on friendly terms for goodness sakes as I'm sure I will need to ask more questions about your great software in the future.

sure

I hope my advice (use phpMyAdmin or similar as workaround) was helpful.

Tschö, Auge

--

by Sunidaze, Thursday, June 02, 2011, 13:51 (4706 days ago) @ Auge

I do appreciate the information. Unfortunately for me, the extent of my database knowledge consists of creating the database and the user and then adding the user.

I don't know how to edit tables using phpMyAdmin and I'm afraid I might push the wrong button and destroy the forum. I destroyed a Drupal installation once and I'll never forget it! (It is funny now but it wasn't funny at the time.)

On the other hand, this might be a good opportunity to learn more about phpMyAdmin and I might try editing with phpMyAdmin after all. My forum is mostly sock puppets (we like it that way) so it wouldn't be a big deal if I had to reinstall.

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, June 04, 2011, 22:53 (4703 days ago) @ Sunidaze
edited by Auge, Friday, June 20, 2014, 11:10

I do appreciate the information. Unfortunately for me, the extent of my database knowledge consists of creating the database and the user and then adding the user.

I don't know how to edit tables using phpMyAdmin and I'm afraid I might push the wrong button and destroy the forum. I destroyed a Drupal installation once and I'll never forget it! (It is funny now but it wasn't funny at the time.)

Log into phpMyAdmin, open the database where the forums tables are stored. The table *_settings holds ... ahem ... the settings. Push the tab for showing the entries[1]. This table has the structure name, value (two fields in every row). Search for the row where auto_lock_old_threads is the name. Left handed of the field name you should find (from left to right) a checkbox, a field with a pencil and one with a red cross. With the pencil in the row of auto_lock_old_threads you'll open a new page with a form where you can edit the value. Edit the value and press the ok-button, that's it.

[1] Typically it is the first tab, left of tab for structure.

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread