Problem with installation (General)

by icepirat, Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 18:15 (4728 days ago)

I'm unable to pass the installation, it's seems easy, unfortunately not for me as a beginner, therefore I hope someone will take my hand and lead the way to a succesfull installation.
My problem is when it come to the part of ADMIN name and password - I don't know what to write, I have been looking at the various pages, hoping to find a default name and password, but without success.
Same problem with the part of DATABASE name, user and password.
As mentioned, I'm new to PHP/MYSQL so please have patience with me as I'm more than willing to learn (but have to start somewheree)
I'm running a small homepage on my own PC connected to a NAS Synologi DS207+.

Hope to hear from you :-)

Regards,
icepirat

Problem with installation

by icencrime, Thursday, April 21, 2011, 18:55 (4726 days ago) @ icepirat

My problem is when it come to the part of ADMIN name and password - I don't know what to write, I have been looking at the various pages, hoping to find a default name and password, but without success.

Write whatever you want. for example: icepirat pass:123456 ;-)

are you created a datebase?

by icepirat, Friday, April 22, 2011, 18:25 (4725 days ago) @ icencrime

Thank you to icencrime for answer and interest in my problem.

What did I do - well first I have open the file in config and then edited DB_SETTING.PHP with the following data:

<?php
// Database host, mostly 'localhost':
$db_settings['host'] = 'localhost';

// Database name:
$db_settings['database'] = 'mysql';

// Database user name:
$db_settings['user'] = 'icepirat';

// Database password:
$db_settings['password'] = '4413knik';

After that I can open the the installation i my browser (windows internet explorer), selecting English and a new window open, that's here the problem start.

1. Forum name: my little forum (default)
2. Forum adress: http://champagneklubben.dyndns.dk/my_little_forum_2.2.8/forum/
3. Forum email adress: left blank for now
4. Admin name: ?
5. Admin email: left blank for now
6. Admin password: ?
7. Password confirmation: left blank for now
8. Database host: localhost
9. Database name: ?
10. Database user: ?
11. Database password: ?
12. Table prefix: MLF2_ (default)

As you can see, there are a lot of questionmarks.

Hope you can guide my a little further with some hints.

Kind regards,
icepirat

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 22, 2011, 16:37 (4725 days ago) @ icepirat

Hello

You have to set the username and the password for admin yourself during install process.

As mentioned, I'm new to PHP/MYSQL so please have patience with me as I'm more than willing to learn (but have to start somewheree)
I'm running a small homepage on my own PC connected to a NAS Synologi DS207+.

You need a web server with PHP and MySQL. You need a configured MySQL database. While configuring the database you'll set a database name, a user name and a password. These data are needed for the installation of mlf.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by icepirat, Friday, April 22, 2011, 18:01 (4725 days ago) @ Auge

Thank you to Auge for answer and interest in my problem with installation of MLF.

I must explain that I'm quite new to the subject PHP and MySql and that's of course one reason for my problem.

Further I can say the I resently bought a NAS (Synology DS207+) which have an intergrated PHP/MYSQL, from the manual and elsewhere information I got the impression that setting up a database not was required but maybe I'm wrong about this?

As mentioned I don't know anything about PHP/MYSQL but maybe you could be kind and give me some hint/help about what to do!

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,
icepirat

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 22, 2011, 23:01 (4725 days ago) @ icepirat

Hello

Further I can say the I resently bought a NAS (Synology DS207+) which have an intergrated PHP/MYSQL, from the manual and elsewhere information I got the impression that setting up a database not was required but maybe I'm wrong about this?

MLF needs a MySQL database. You have to set it up (with username and password) so mlf can install the needed database tables.

As mentioned I don't know anything about PHP/MYSQL but maybe you could be kind and give me some hint/help about what to do!

If you don't want to change the PHP code you don't need any PHP experience. But the MySQL database is mandatory. Attention: I read some blog- and forum postings about the Synology DS207+ (in german language). You can't upgrade the included PHP installation with additional PHP modules. Maybe the installed PHP version lacks some modules therefore some features of MLF may be not accessible.

An alternative is an additional installation of XAMPP (full featured and extendable) on the box and the abandonment of service of the default webserver/PHP/MySQL installation. But this is complex and may exceed your knowledge.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread