Deleting users from the admin section (Bugs)

by davwat, Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 22:06 (4755 days ago)

I've noticed since updating to the current version 2.2.8 of the forum that no matter what is inserted in the 'Clear userdata' section, you not only get a list of users to delete that you have selected but also any users who are in the process of registering but have not activated their account.

David Watkins

Forest of Dean Family History
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/

Deleting users from the admin section

by Alex ⌂, Monday, March 28, 2011, 13:47 (4749 days ago) @ davwat

Hi David,

confirmed, thank you! Here's a fix. includes/admin.inc.php needs to be replaced.

Alex

by davwat, Monday, March 28, 2011, 20:40 (4749 days ago) @ Alex

Alex

Thanks for the the fix.

After I replaced the admin.inc.php file I checked everything out and discovered a similar problem with the Clear userdata feature.

Included with the list of the selected users which is generated to be deleted is also users who have successfully registered and their accounts activated but have never logged in as yet (Logins 0). These users are listed for deleting even if they only registered today and I had inserted 60 days ago.

by Alex ⌂, Monday, March 28, 2011, 23:44 (4749 days ago) @ davwat

... These users are listed for deleting even if they only registered today and I had inserted 60 days ago.

Phew, what trouble a minor modification can cause (as of version 2.2.8 new registered users got the timestamp 0 instead of the current time --> better for sorting).

Here's another fix. Again, includes/admin.inc.php has to be replaced. Hope, that actually fixes it now.

Alex

Deleting users from the admin section - problem fixed

by davwat, Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 01:21 (4749 days ago) @ Alex

Here's another fix. Again, includes/admin.inc.php has to be replaced. Hope, that actually fixes it now.

Alex

All appears to be working as it should do now with the latest fix.

David Watkins

RSS Feed of thread