Integrate the forum with other web system (Project organisation)

by chengtr, Sunday, December 05, 2010, 08:24 (4885 days ago)
edited by chengtr, Sunday, December 05, 2010, 08:34

I have successfully integrated mylittleforum with Uchome (an SNS user central administrator system from China),and then I further made it cooperate with different web systems.

Users login/logout/register from the forum, they also login/logout/register synchronously into the other part of the system, and vice versa.

also,I add a city/country selection for posting/reposting, so those posters can
decide where they want to distribute their information. For visitors, they also can select a special city/country to search the posters respectively.

My site is http://www.ccecu.cn/ it is about English Corner and Pen Pals in China Mainland.

If someone needs these functions, please reply this thread.

Integrate the forum with other web system

by Riba ⌂, Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 04:37 (4883 days ago) @ chengtr

I think a lot of people would be interested in this, myself included. What I did in my case is to make sure the user is created in forum after registration in CMS, but it is not logged in automatically. Browser sessions and cookie handling was never my thing. :)

Integrate the forum with other web system

by chengtr, Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 13:33 (4883 days ago) @ chengtr
edited by chengtr, Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 13:39

If your web system has no one more user system except the one from the forum,I think it is very easy to do the job.

But many people are using different CMSs to set up a web, which of course have their user systems. In order to make these CMSs cooperate with the forum, we must integrate them.

For the mylittle forum, its has a strict rule of activation on registeration,which makes it differ from many other CMSs. So if someone has just successfully registered in the other part of the web system, he can not login synchronously the forum until he has activate his account for the forum.

Before he activates his account for the forum, any time he clicks the link from other systems(which he has logged in) to visit the forum, the forum will automatically shift to the page in which says like this "You need activate your account, the mail has been send to your mail box:xxx@xxx.xxx,please go to ..."

After activation, the forum and other part of the web system would be a integrated system for the user, that's, he can login/logout synchronously the web from any part of the web system.

RSS Feed of thread