Problem with danish special chars (splitted) (Project organisation)

by D-Grund Nyheder, Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 21:30 (4916 days ago)
edited by Auge, Friday, November 05, 2010, 02:10

I have a proposal that one can choose a specific encoding if you now want the Danish language with (æøå) or get it to follow the language files.
So when you want people to write in Danish.
So people can write in Danish and use (æøå) and reach the press submit and it will show the entire text instead of now, the message stops at the first (æøå) as it now encounters.

Problem with danish special chars (splitted)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, November 05, 2010, 02:07 (4914 days ago) @ D-Grund Nyheder
edited by Auge, Friday, June 20, 2014, 11:05

Hello

I have a proposal that one can choose a specific encoding if you now want the Danish language with (æøå) or get it to follow the language files.

The forum uses UTF-8 as encoding. UTF-8 contains most of the alphabets and character systems wich was and/or are in use on this planet. This said IMHO it should contains also nordic special chars including those from Denmark.

So people can write in Danish and use (æøå) and reach the press submit and it will show the entire text instead of now, the message stops at the first (æøå) as it now encounters.

As you can see here (in your and in my message) the message will not be broken at the first use of æ, ø or å. So the question is the same as for your other problem: What's wrong with your installation?

Tschö, Auge

PS: I splitted your question from the translation thread wich is for announcements for new ... ahem ... translations.

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by D-Grund Nyheder, Monday, November 29, 2010, 23:02 (4889 days ago) @ Auge
edited by D-Grund Nyheder, Monday, November 29, 2010, 23:34

LOL crackers have fucked that site the forum is on.
I will flush my server and start over again with a new installation.

And i will be back.

LAT

by D-Grund Nyheder, Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 15:09 (4888 days ago) @ D-Grund Nyheder
edited by D-Grund Nyheder, Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 15:20

Now I have deleted everything on the server and reinstalled everything.
And have installed my little forum and created an admin account and setup went through without error of any kind.
and it all starts just fine but can not login with the information I gave during installation. And in mysql is my information correct but the forum will not work with mysql.

(I've also deleted the mysql and created a completely new install of mysql.
And installation wrote the great tables just after the book, but
I would reach login so says the error user or password not exist.)

I can not get an older version of my little forum because all the errors I have written to you about was not there in older versions.

Sincerely

D-Grund Nyheder

I use the new release 2.2.7

RSS Feed of thread