Are there people here who will assist for $$$ (General)

by littlemac, Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 01:39 (5034 days ago)

I like MLF very much and want to use it. I think I can handle much of it but if I get in trouble I need assistance and am willing to pay. Is that kinda how it works?

I mean, for all the power of this thing "forums", and especially the "threaded" forum that is so informationally "dense", you'd think the Internet would be paved with things like MLF. Then I actually come across MLF and there doesn't seem to be a lot of "how to".

Is it that forums are just really kinda "simple" and they just look daunting, or is it something else? Frankly, I can't figure out why the "flat" format is such a hit, except that you can apply a lot of skins with their pretty colors and Hollywood like FX. Go figure, I can't! I mean, do people want info or circus? don't answer that!

Anyway, If you can help via email or chat let me know & how much you'll charge. I'm at: imagineering1@gmail.com - Thanks/mac

Are there people here who will assist for $$$

by Wendell, Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 00:46 (5028 days ago) @ littlemac

I wish you great luck on your quest, as I cannot find anyone to do any work, even for $$$. :-(

by Riba ⌂, Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 10:37 (5028 days ago) @ Wendell

Ok, I'll bite. :)
What do you guys need to have done? Since I have to do a lot of stuff for my own projects, why not put some if that experience to good use. You should be able to get in touch with me via email that can be found in the user list here.

by Wendell, Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 15:54 (5027 days ago) @ Riba
edited by Wendell, Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 16:04

I actually ended up solving 80% of my own issues and abandoned all but one other.

Most of my users have come over from an old forum that got upgraded to some new obscure software that nobody likes (it's too Facebooky). MLF covers all of the bases and then some except for one: there's no statistics page available to the users. They have this obsession with seeing who posts the most, how many posts there are per day and other neat-o stats.

What would it take to do something like this? It would be nice if it were on its own separate page, and I could allow it to be seen by everyone or just registered users.

Edit: here's some idea of the stats they are used to:

Most frequent posters this month (with number of posts)
Most frequent posters overall (with number of posts)
Most popular topics (with orig. poster, date and # of posts)
Most topics started (with username and # of topics started)
Most popular time of day (with hour and total # of posts)
Total usage this week (with day, # of posts and # of users posting)
Total usage by day (with day of week, total # of posts, total # of users)
Total usage (which we already have in the footer :-) )

by Riba ⌂, Thursday, July 29, 2010, 09:33 (5026 days ago) @ Wendell

Hey Wendell,

I'll have a demo/proof of concept ready for you to check out in a day or two! I already have the stats for the top posters running! :)

by Wendell, Thursday, July 29, 2010, 14:41 (5026 days ago) @ Riba

Wow! What will I owe you?

Another issue just popped up... I would like to add the ability to upload other file types, like PDF, DOC and others. What would that take?

by Riba ⌂, Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 09:56 (5021 days ago) @ Wendell

I'll take a look...the stats will be up soon, I want to make it right so it took a bit longer.

by Wendell, Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 16:41 (5021 days ago) @ Riba

Of course, I'd still like to pay you. But not sure how much to send or where to send it. :-)

by Riba ⌂, Thursday, August 05, 2010, 23:53 (5018 days ago) @ Wendell

Of course, I'd still like to pay you. But not sure how much to send or where to send it. :-)

Huh, haven't given it a lot of thought since I rarely do these things professionally. Is $49 too much? It will include a stats area with any stats that you may like to have, displayed as absolute values and horizontal bars styled with CSS, it will be completely integrated in MLF, and I will keep it updated for the future versions. I made sure that it follows the MLF philosophy, menaing it will be light, use the smarty template...the author may want to add this to the default distribution maybe...
I'll send you the files which display the list of top posters so you can check it out before I go on and add other stats. The default code is not changed except for the addition of the stats menu link.

by Wendell, Friday, August 06, 2010, 00:04 (5018 days ago) @ Riba

Is $49 too much?

Actually, I think that is very reasonable. :)

RSS Feed of thread