Timezone settings (General)

by Paul Brouwer, Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 23:54 (5147 days ago)

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the timestamps of postings. Porbbably due to a different time setting on the server of my webprovider.

In advanced settings is a field "timezone". What do I fill in here for Amsterdam?

I already added 120 minutes to adjust the timestamps of the postings but when making a backup the time setting is 2 hours slow again.

Regards,
Paul

Timezone settings

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 13:30 (5147 days ago) @ Paul Brouwer

Hello

I'm having some problems with the timestamps of postings. Porbbably due to a different time setting on the server of my webprovider.

In advanced settings is a field "timezone". What do I fill in here for Amsterdam?

That's the time difference of the forum server to GMT. If there is a list of timezones search for Europe/Amsterdam. The software will handle the summertime issue (CET vs. CEST). If you see only a field to input the time difference in minutes [1] set the time difference between you (your home tz) and the server (normally 0 minutes). This is the old behaviour as in mlf <= 2.1.x.

[1] Attention: It seems you have a PHP-version older than 5.1 on the server. This is very outdated! PHP 5.1 itself is outdated. This would be not only a issue of features, it is a security issue too. Speak with your hoster or leave him.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Timezone settings

by Paul Brouwer, Wednesday, May 12, 2010, 21:59 (5118 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge,

Thanks for your reply.
As I see now, there is a time difference of 2 hours between
my PC and the server time of this forum.

I don't know where this server is located.....

Regards,
Paul

Timezone settings

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, May 13, 2010, 19:23 (5117 days ago) @ Paul Brouwer

Hello

As I see now, there is a time difference of 2 hours between
my PC and the server time of this forum.

For the forum "your PC" is inexistent. The output of the forum will be generated on the webserver if someone (i.e. you) makes a request for a page of the forum. If you visit a website in Indonesia and you are located in netherlands (what your name sounds to me) you will not expect to see your local time at the page (if there is a shown time).

I don't know every single detail of Alex's implementation, but there at least two settings. The first setting belongs the admin or, to be specifically, the forum server. There you —as the admin— have to set the local time zone of the server. The second setting belongs the registered user of the forum. It is his home time zone. Over the loop way of GMT/UTC you as an registered user sees the posting times in your home time zone.

I don't know where this server is located.....

Errr, ask your hoster!? :-)

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread