Pinned up post (General)

by needhelp338, Saturday, April 21, 2007, 07:11 (6207 days ago)

I have a few questions, wonder if some of the veterans here can help.

1) The pinned up post or sticky note feature - right now once you pin something to the top, it will show up in the ALL CATEGORIES forum. Is there a way to configure the script so that if you want to FIX a thread to the top, it will only show up at the top for the forum where it belongs and not show up in the ALL CATEGORIES forum ?

2) Can we install TWO seperate "my little forum" on the same domain? Basically will it create a conflict if I have TWO seperate forums on the same domain?

3) Can we disable the private email feature so that forum members cannot secretly email each other?

4) Not important, but just curious. Can I import existing posts I have in a php based forum into MyLittleForum? I am presently using DCforum+, it's a mySQL php based forum. It would be nice if I can import all the existing threads and posts into MyLittleForum so that I can maintain the continuity of discussions.....

Last but not least, I am not sure if it is appropriate to mention here. I have absolutely NO computer programming or coding knowledge whatsoever. I wonder if someone is interested in doing some consulting work for me for a fee ? Basically I just want to modify the script a little bit, but again I don't know how.

Thanks
My email is Needhelp338@yahoo.com

Pinned up post

by Alex ⌂, Saturday, April 21, 2007, 14:14 (6207 days ago) @ needhelp338

1) Is there a way to configure the script so that if you want to FIX a thread to the top, it will only show up at the top for the forum where it belongs and not show up in the ALL CATEGORIES forum ?

"All categories" displays just all threads of all categories and thus of course all sticky threads, too. With a code modification this would be theoretical possible, but it wouldn't be that logical. Do you need something like a category overview?

2) Can we install TWO seperate "my little forum" on the same domain? Basically will it create a conflict if I have TWO seperate forums on the same domain?

Yes, that's possible. Just specify different "session prefixes" ("session_prefix" in the advanced settings) for each installation to avoid authentication conflicts.

3) Can we disable the private email feature so that forum members cannot secretly email each other?

This is just normal e-mail communication. If there wouldn't be a form field for the email address the users could also post their addresses into the message body.

4) I am presently using DCforum+, it's a mySQL php based forum. It would be nice if I can import all the existing threads and posts into MyLittleForum so that I can maintain the continuity of discussions.....

I don't know DCforum+ but if it uses MySQL it should theoretical be possible.

Alex

Pinned up post

by needhelp338, Saturday, April 21, 2007, 17:33 (6206 days ago) @ Alex

Thanks Alex.

Do you think if this is possible, at least theoretically ?

I have a php MySQL based forum on www.domain1.com

Now I want to install Mylittleforum on www.domain2.com

Can I import the forum posts and threads from www.domain1.com into the Mylittleforum on www.domain2.com ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Pinned up post

by needhelp338, Saturday, April 21, 2007, 19:01 (6206 days ago) @ Alex

One more thing, sorry. Do you think if the forum users password and info can be imported to Mylittleforum from another php MySQL based forum ?

Just wonder if that can be done without having to ask everyone re-register again at the new Mylittleforum I am installing.

RSS Feed of thread