update from version 1.3 to 2.1.1? (General)

by Talisman, Friday, December 11, 2009, 19:22 (5265 days ago)

Hallo,

ich verwende das "my little forum" schon seit 2004 und bin sehr zufrieden damit.
Das einzige was mich stört, sind die zunemenden spammails.

Gibt es die möglichkeit das forum von der version 1.3 auf 2.1.1 upzudaten, ohne datenverlust? Es ist mir sehr wichtig, das die einträge nicht verloren gehen.
Danke.

I use the "my little forum" since 2004 and am very happy with it.
The only thing that bothers me are the lot of spam mails.

Is there the possibility to update the forum from version 1.3 to 2.1.1 without to loose files and messages?
It is very important to me that the messages will not be lost.
Thank you.

Talisman

update from version 1.3 to 2.1.1?

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Saturday, December 12, 2009, 14:16 (5265 days ago) @ Talisman

Hallo Talisman!

Das ist ein mehrstufiger Prozess. Zuerst musst du von 1.3 auf die letzte 1.7.6er-Version updaten.

• Update von 1.3 auf 1.7.6
    • Download 1.7.6
    • Download der Korrekturen vom Juli 2008
    • Die entsprechenden Dateien der originalen 1.7.6er-Version durch die korrigierten ersetzen.
    • Falls du dein Forum angepasst hast (zB style.css, template.html, zusätzliche Features in einem der Skripte) die Änderungen auch hier vornehmen.
    • In deinem alten Forum eine komplette Datenbanksicherung vornehmen, lokal abspeichern.
    • Neue Dateien hochladen und install.php starten (siehe hier unter Installation).
    • Hoffentlich läuft jetzt die 1.7.6er Version (falls nicht, alte Skripte hochladen und Backup der Datenbank einspielen. Ich habe dieses Spielchen erfolgreich mehrfach seit 1.4.1beta durchgeführt.
    • Falls alles passt, Datenbanksicherung unter 1.7.6, lokal speichern.
  • Update von 1.7.6 auf 2.1.1

Anmerkung: Auf eigene Gefahr!

That's a multilevel process. First of all you have to update from 1.3 to the current version 1.7.6.

• Update from 1.3 to 1.7.6
    • Download 1.7.6
    • Download corrections of July 2008
    • Replace files of the original 1.7.6-version by the corrected ones.
    • If you have adapted your forum (eg style.css, template.html, additional features in one of the scripts) make the respective adaptions.
    • Make a backup of the database (Complete SQL dump), save locally.
    • Upload new files and start install.php starten (see hier at Installation).
    • Hopefully the 1.7.6-version is running by now (if not, upload old scripts and restore from database-backup). I have performed this game successfully a couple of times since 1.4.1beta.
    • If everything is OK, backup of database from 1.7.6, save locally.
  • Update from 1.7.6 auf 2.1.1

Remark: At your own risk!

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

update from version 1.3 to 2.1.1?

by Talisman, Monday, December 14, 2009, 00:11 (5263 days ago) @ Alfie

Hallo Alfie,

danke für die schnelle antwort und die links.
Das scheint ja etwas für die freien tagen um die weihnachtszeit herum zu werden.
Hoffentlich klappt es.

Viele Grüße
Talisman

RSS Feed of thread