Email to Admin (General)

by Vinaay Sharma ⌂ @, Monday, November 23, 2009, 03:23 (5283 days ago)

Hi

In english.lang file, I have,

POINT NO. 1:

(This email is a reply to the person who has posted a message and has included his email Id to receive replies.)

email_text = """- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DO NOT REPLY to this message. You are receiving this email because you have opted to receive responses to your
message at www.Domain_Name.com forum. If you do not wish to receive further responses, please FORWARD this email
to "admin@domain_name.com" with a request to remove your email address from the message that you have posted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi [recipient],

"[name]" has replied to "[original_subject]":

View online: [posting_address]

SUBJECT: [subject]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[text]

- - - - - Your original Message - - - - -

[original_text]"""

I am getting all the fields properly included in the email.

POINT NO. 2:

Simultaneously, an email goes to me (Admin),

admin_email_text_reply = """
"[name]" has posted a reply to "[original_subject]":

[text]

- - - - - Original Message - - - - -

[original_text]"""

# 1. In the above, I used to get the senders IP in the line above [name] but yesterday I restored the original includes/admin.inc.php and includes/functions.inc.php and now I am Not getting the IP.

# 2. Though I have included the fields, [original_subject] and [original_text], I have never got these in my email.

POINT NO. 3:

For any new message, I (Admin) get an email,

admin_email_text = """

New Entry by [name]

[text]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"""

# 1. In the above, I used to get the senders IP in the line above the View online: line, but yesterday I restored the original includes/admin.inc.php and includes/functions.inc.php and now I am Not getting the IP.

POINT NO. 4:

Moreover, when an email is received at my Google Apps / gmail account, it shows (12 hours ago) instead of (0 minutes ago).
I corrected this by:

# in includes/admin.inc.php, I added the 2 lines below,

$indiatime = gmdate('M d, Y :: h:i:s a', time()+19800);
$header = "Date: $indiatime\r\n";
$header .= "From: ....................... (this line was already there, I put a '.' before =)

before other $header lines.

# in includes/functions.inc.php, I added the 2 lines below, ( at 2 places )

$indiatime = gmdate('M d, Y :: h:i:s a', time()+19800);
$headers = "Date: $indiatime\r\n";
$headers .= "From: ...................... (this line was already there, I put a '.' before =)

before other $headers lines.

Please help with including the IP in the email to Admin and getting the 2 fields as mentioned above in POINT NO. 2:.

Namaste

Vinaay

RSS Feed of thread