Email problems (Technics)

by Laurence @, Edinburgh, Scotland, Tuesday, August 04, 2009, 14:21 (5372 days ago)

Hi all

I've got two problems with new registration emails:

First, the email looks like this:

------

X-Mailer: http://www.domain.net/forum/

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit

Return-Path: anonymous@server.net
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 04 Aug 2009 14:17:21.0779 (UTC) FILETIME=[48280C30:01CA150E]

Hi melat0nin,
welcome to the forum!

to activate your account please follow this link:
http://..../index.php?mode=register&id=8&key=kS4fGhSbvThZ2tkxS6HDC4IB1

------

and secondly, I can't seem to receive the emails on my Gmail account (they never get there at all - not even into the Spam folder). They do arrive with other non-Gmail accounts.

Can anyone help? I suspect Gmail is marking them as spam and deleting them outright, which is no use of course.

Any suggestions would be great! :)

It works on this forum, but not my own ><

by Laurence ⌂ @, Edinburgh, Scotland, Tuesday, August 04, 2009, 14:56 (5372 days ago) @ Laurence

I tried the same email address for this forum, and I receive the email, but it doesn't work on my own installation. I'm running 2.1.1.

by Laurence ⌂ @, Edinburgh, Scotland, Tuesday, August 04, 2009, 15:09 (5372 days ago) @ Laurence

I think the problem only occurs with email addresses hosted on the same server. I'm using Google Apps to manage email on that server with several domains, and I think there's some confusion happening along the way.

It's not really a problem as no-one except me will ever have access to email addresses on that server, so provided it works for everyone else then there's no problem.

by Eric ⌂, Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 07:24 (5366 days ago) @ Laurence

It sounds like you've fixed the problem but I'll throw my bit in just because.

Gmail is ruthless when it comes to 'spam' it'll kill anything instantly if it suspects it. I stopped using it because of this, none of my mail was getting through.

by Laurence ⌂ @, Edinburgh, Scotland, Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 07:55 (5366 days ago) @ Eric

Unfortunately you can't tell your users to change email provider!

RSS Feed of thread